Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Van Basten to quit after Euros

• 04-12-2007 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

..I wonder does he have another job lined up....Milan possibly?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/holland/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=international_feed/07/12/04/manual_191210.html&TEAMHD=holland
    Holland coach Marco van Basten has announced he will step down from the role after Euro 2008.

The former Ajax and AC Milan striker informed the Dutch Football Association (KNVB) of his decision at a meeting on Tuesday.

Van Basten's assistant John van't Schip will also leave following the tournament in Austria and Switzerland next summer.

Van Basten took over from Dick Advocaat following Holland's semi-final defeat to Portugal in the semi-finals of Euro 2004.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What's he done as a manager to deserve that job? Can't see why they'd give it to him to be honest. However I could see Chelea giving him a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Ireland perhaps :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

PHB wrote: »
    What's he done as a manager to deserve that job? Can't see why they'd give it to him to be honest. However I could see Chelea giving him a job.

Not much...I was thinking more along the lines that they absolutely idolised him as a player. Sort of the same reason why Newcastle fans want Shearer I suppose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

There's been talk of him heading to Barcelona next summer.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Barcelona? Milan? Chelsea? Failing upwards if that is the case.

• Advertisement

He'll go and win Euro 08 now...wait till you see!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Nunu wrote: »
    ..I wonder does he have another job lined up....Milan possibly?

Nope. He's coming out of playing retirement to finish what he started. Don't believe me? Watch this.

Hero, of the highest order.

Love it! Typical Van Basten header:)

There's a more lengthy version of it here with a few replays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwRBTpsSUos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Is it now well know that he is taking the Ajax job in the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

What a goal, really was a top notch player

• Advertisement
Advertisement