Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed camera query

Options
  • 04-12-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭

my girlfriend was driving on the M50 early this morning and as she passed the speed camera at the tallaght exit it flashed. was doing about 55-58kph where the limit along that stretch is 60kph. anyone know if the camera flashes everyone that passes or should she get the speedometer checked? She passes it a lot and knows its there so always keeps within the limit. Ive seen the camera flash others at night/dawn that im sure werent speeding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

noblestee wrote: »
    my girlfriend was driving on the M50 early this morning and as she passed the speed camera at the tallaght exit it flashed. was doing about 55-58kph where the limit along that stretch is 60kph. anyone know if the camera flashes everyone that passes or should she get the speedometer checked? She passes it a lot and knows its there so always keeps within the limit. Ive seen the camera flash others at night/dawn that im sure werent speeding.

I dont even think the camera work as i have gone by fast as most people and never got a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I think maybe those M50 cameras may be dummies......I mean the one at the end of the toll bridge will almost certainly be re-positioned if it is real as some cars may struggle to reach 120kmh at that point of the camera once the 60kmh tempory limit has been lifted....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

u cud always check you speedometer anyhow.
    a sat nav will do this.

My sat nav is bang on with my car speedmeter to the km but when i used it in my friends car her speedometer reads about 6km faster than what she is actually doing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Is it possible that somebody was over/undertaking her while she passed the camera and they could have triggered the flash?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

if there is actual film in the camera it will continue flashing at specified intervals and continue to do so until film runs out

i.e camera flash is totally random

dont worry about it

its the gatso vans that you should keep a keen lookout for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It doesn't flash everyone. Are you sure it was flashing her and not someone passing her in the other lane or someone ahead of her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

she had the road to hearself pretty much as it was 4 am. ill use my satnav in her car tonight and see what the story is, thanks for the replys

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

She was doing alot more than 55 - 58kph for it to flash and there is currently film in it, bet she did not see the Gatso Van during the day either :D

Advertisement