Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

see southpark online

• 04-12-2007 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

MTV Networks plans to make every clip from every episode of hit animated comedy SouthPark available for free online next year as part of a strategy to reach consumers everywhere.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The Hacker's post has been deleted - please do not post links to sites containing unofficial/illegal videos of copyrighted content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

flogen wrote: »
    The Hacker's post has been deleted - please do not post links to sites containing unofficial/illegal videos of copyrighted content.

There is a legal website for viewing South Park episodes only. Its been there since South Park went on air...

With the consent of the moderator I can post the link.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

legal? are you sure about that? they do want their dvds to sell don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Unless its on comedycentral.com, its not legal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Mr E wrote: »
    Unless its on comedycentral.com, its not legal.

or on iTunes...

• Advertisement

Mordeth wrote: »

Yep definitely legal, there was an issue on Ebay where some people were actually selling links to the website. Originally Ebay had removed such auctions deeming them as sale of illegal / copyright material but then allowed them back up as the links for sale were actually to a legal website believe it or not.

Don't know why anyone would buy links to a website, how in ever its apparently all legit... I wont post links obviously if its not inline with boards.ie rules....

Mordeth wrote: »

Here's an interview with Matt Stone and Trey Parker about downloading South Park episodes:

From: Reason Magazine (http://www.reason.com/news/show/116787.html)
    Matt Stone and Trey Parker

Reason: When it looked like Comedy Central wasn’t going to rerun the Mary episode, people were still able to download it illegally online. Did you see that as a victory for free speech, or did you think, “My God, these people are stealing our intellectual property”?

Stone: We’re always in favor of people downloading. Always.

Reason: Why?

Stone: It’s how a lot of people see the show. And it’s never hurt us. We’ve done nothing but been successful with the show. How could you ever get mad about somebody who wants to see your stuff?

Parker: We worked really hard making that show, and the reason you do it is because you want people to see it.

Thank you,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Feelgood wrote: »
    Here's an interview with Matt Stone and Trey Parker about downloading South Park episodes:

From: Reason Magazine (http://www.reason.com/news/show/116787.html)
    Matt Stone and Trey Parker

Reason: When it looked like Comedy Central wasn’t going to rerun the Mary episode, people were still able to download it illegally online. Did you see that as a victory for free speech, or did you think, “My God, these people are stealing our intellectual property”?

Stone: We’re always in favor of people downloading. Always.

Reason: Why?

Stone: It’s how a lot of people see the show. And it’s never hurt us. We’ve done nothing but been successful with the show. How could you ever get mad about somebody who wants to see your stuff?

Parker: We worked really hard making that show, and the reason you do it is because you want people to see it.

Thank you,

The problem being that it's not Parker/Stone's decision to go to town on a site hosting the videos.

The site linked to by The Hacker had explicit disclaimers about how it wasn't hosting the videos on its site, just linking to other sites instead... in other words they knew it would be illegal to host the content themselves so were making it clear that they're not liable for the content, they just link to it.

I'm not comfortable with any links being put up of sites that aren't explicitly legitimate, regardless of what Stone/Parker support or oppose, but feel free to PM me about it and I can see whether it is legal or not.

flogen wrote: »
    The problem being that it's not Parker/Stone's decision to go to town on a site hosting the videos.

The site linked to by The Hacker had explicit disclaimers about how it wasn't hosting the videos on its site, just linking to other sites instead... in other words they knew it would be illegal to host the content themselves so were making it clear that they're not liable for the content, they just link to it.

I'm not comfortable with any links being put up of sites that aren't explicitly legitimate, regardless of what Stone/Parker support or oppose, but feel free to PM me about it and I can see whether it is legal or not.

No worries flogen, I will leave it. I think the site I am talking about is also one that is flagged under technically "legal" because it doesn't host actually content but rather links to hosted content.

Advertisement