Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just joining the biking world

• 04-12-2007 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi,

I've had a dream for years to own a bike and now finally its a reality. I've bought it for pleasure purposes as I still unfortunatly need a van for work.

I've had a good read through the other threads and I must say there's some good adivce there. I'm looking forward to driving but also a bit apprehensive about other motorists.

I'm looking for some advice off experienced riders. What makes of gear do ye advise, also I was looking at the IRTA website, I'm planning on getting some lessons, do you recommend anyone in particular.

Cheers,

oh by the way I got a CBRR 250

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

coldfeet wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had a dream for years to own a bike and now finally its a reality. I've bought it for pleasure purposes as I still unfortunatly need a van for work.

I've had a good read through the other threads and I must say there's some good adivce there. I'm looking forward to driving but also a bit apprehensive about other motorists.

I'm looking for some advice off experienced riders. What makes of gear do ye advise, also I was looking at the IRTA website, I'm planning on getting some lessons, do you recommend anyone in particular.

Cheers,

oh by the way I got a CBRR 250
    Dave Lyons gets my vote. Best of luck with the bike mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Nice bike. Get the best gear you can but don't go by brandnames go by quality. I find leathers are better but you do look like a power ranger reject. The cordura clothes do work well but I find they aren't as hardwearing. Good call on the training too. If you're around Dublin try Cotters in Ballymount for cheap gear.

Advertisement