Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan almera hatchback 1.5

Options
  • 04-12-2007 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Well lads i posted on here a while ago about buying a disel golf.
    Ive looked at a few and any in my price range 5000-8000 euros have high miles and several owners.
    So i am looking at different cars and like the look of the nissan almera hatchback.an 02 or 03 1.5 litre petrol one.
    Looking around and in my price range it seems i am able to afford a low milage one owner model.
    What are these cars like reliability wise? is the 1.5 petrol engine any good?
    All replys much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.5 has a few issues with stretching timing chains and going through camshaft position sensors quite quickly. Post 00 Almeras give some niggly problems that you wouldn't have expected from Nissan.
    They also don't have ABS or side airbags. I wouldn't rate them as highly as a Mazda 323, which can be had for similar (sub-Corolla/Golf) money.
    A 1.6 Mazda 323 of that age will have electric sunroof and aircon, traction control and ABS, front and rear electric windows, remote CD player, front fogs and a bit more besides. It will also be more reliable than pretty much any other car of that age. Not too many for sale this time of year, best to wait till Jan.

Hard to reccomend the Almera as it doesn't excel in any area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

This really should be stickied: Nissan recalled the 1.5 Almeras (and Primeras) to do with bad seals allowing oil leak onto the timing chain. If you are looking at an Almera phone Nissan Ireland with the reg number and ask has it had the recall work done.

Almera excels as its cheap, simple and plentiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Hi..
    Herself had an Almera for a few years, overall a very relyable car but a very very un-interesting drive :(.. We put about 70k on it and nothing spent other than regular service costs..
    Cheers
    bam

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's customary to mention the Skoda Octavia TDi now. It has a huge boot and apparenty returns 100mpg if driven in granny mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

just a personal opinion but, Id rather walk! (almera)

• Advertisement
Advertisement