Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coriander - Outside or Inside for the Winter

Options
  • 04-12-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I bought a Coriander plant in the supermarket about 2 weeks ago and re-potted it into a larger pot. Is this a plant that should be left outside or taken indoors for the Winter?

I did the same with a Parsley plant at the same time. I remember my Mother left the Parsley outside all year round. Is this true for a re-potted plant?

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Hello Dummy.
    Your Coriander plant will tolerate a light frosting and actually grow better outdoors.
    Be aware that the herb is an annual, living it's whole life in a single year or less, depending on its growing conditions, stresses etc.
    This means you will need back up plants if you wish to continue using the herb, these can be shop bought or else sown from collected seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thank you Irish Gardener - I placed both re-potted plants outside last night in a spot where I can easily see them from the kitchen.

Regards,

D

Advertisement