Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lets Ban Leggings

• 04-12-2007 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

they make me wanna puke... like seriously come on??? get over them already..... leggings and shorts?? tell me what is the point??? leggings with dresses..... what happened to good old fashioned tights???? they really dont do anyone carrying a bit of extra weight any favours. my favourite is when people wear them with STUPID BIG FLOATY TRASHY PRINTED DRESSES with a BIG belt in the middle and those ankle boots. in matchin bright purple. or musturd yellow.
    i get really angry when i see those girls, ya no with leggings and short skirts and those STUPID boots (wanna be uggs, that get all worn out and slouch to one side... ) actually i wanna ban them too..... and ORANGE MAKEUP and those ****ing big floaty trashy printed dresses. like do ya wanna look like ya got knocked up???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Gotta love the style of today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

oh yes!!

i couldn't agree anymore! they should have stayed in the 80's / 90's!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

In this weather Id agree with you, altho I am partial to them when the weather is warmer!! But yes, Id be first to support a ban uggs petition, stupid slouch to the side lame boots that look ridiculous and cheap..and Id happily support a ban on big print dresses............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

angelicsaz wrote: »
    they make me wanna puke... like seriously come on??? get over them already..... leggings and shorts?? tell me what is the point??? leggings with dresses..... what happened to good old fashioned tights???? they really dont do anyone carrying a bit of extra weight any favours. my favourite is when people wear them with STUPID BIG FLOATY TRASHY PRINTED DRESSES with a BIG belt in the middle and those ankle boots. in matchin bright purple. or musturd yellow.
    i get really angry when i see those girls, ya no with leggings and short skirts and those STUPID boots (wanna be uggs, that get all worn out and slouch to one side... ) actually i wanna ban them too..... and ORANGE MAKEUP and those ****ing big floaty trashy printed dresses. like do ya wanna look like ya got knocked up???
    firstly take a chill pill love

secondly, yes, ban uggs, and wuggs, destroy all orange make up and slap anyone who wears either.

thirdly, leggings aren't that bad when worn with some little bit of sense, I have "extra weight" and I wear them and it looks fine, don't wear the maternity dresses granted but you don't wear sack like clothes when you're bigger than like a 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Ban leggings? I've done it already, insofar as my influence streches. My fiance is well and truly warned:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

In the 90's, leggings were regarded as "slimming". This made me laugh! They make slim women look bigger, and big women look - don't get me started.
    Ugg boots - somebody had run out of ideas when they designed these monstrosities. I think the name was made to sound like "Yuk boots"
    Though I do like those "BIG FLOATY TRASHY PRINTED DRESSES ".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You have issues that stem beyond leggings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

Ah come on, Calm down!! Leggings arent that bad, there just like everything else, Some people ruin it for everybody!!

They look right on the right type of person!!!

I agree with you on the rest now!!

Lay off the leggings tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Depends on how they're worn...like most things!
    Leggings/ footless tights can look great, although not with shorts!
    There are no excuses for Orange make up/fake tan though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

You have issues that stem beyond leggings.

+ 1 !!! haha

I personally love leggings, I feel they flatter my shape and suit me!! I know some people wear them with all the wrong things but just because people wear them wrong doesn't mean that they don't look good worn with the right stuff!!!

Agree with you on the uggs! Not just the cheap ones though.. they all look rotten imo! And obviously the orange make-up thing isn't good!

You should really go to a psychiatrist or something though!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Gemini Sister

I agree about the orange makeup and the bid thrashy floaty maternity dresses (they're on the way out - yaaaay!) but leggings can be wonderful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Lola123 wrote: »
    Depends on how they're worn...like most things!
    Leggings/ footless tights can look great, although not with shorts!
    There are no excuses for Orange make up/fake tan though!

Agreed, it does depend on how there worn!!! A lot of girls out there wear them totally wrong and are not suited for them, but then there are the small majority like me who make them look!!

P.S they can look alright with shorts sometimes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm not a fan of them, but what you wear and your sense of style is quiet a personal thing. If other people want to look like fat oompa loompas wearing lycra that's fine by me. They're not forcing me to wear it! Each to their own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

i agree go you for starting this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭angelicsaz

i really should apologise... was ina bit of a rough mood yday!!!

i did get so angry tho 2day... there was a woman yes a woman in college id say mid 30s... granted she had a nice figure, she was wearing a tight black long sleved top, a huge belt,leggings ON THIER OWN, the whole world could see she was wearing a nice thong, with raised patterns, stupid boots and was caked up to high heavens.

I know i sound like a stroppy cow, but how far doz fashion have to go??? doz it want to take everyone as its victim????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

doz

Does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I agree- leggings are pretty horrible.
    I've around two pairs- one the usual black, the other grey with stars. Never wore the one with the stars, and wore the black ones a few times in 2006, but that's it. Just really don't like them, being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Wow...its the nazi fashion police...I imagine you want a world where everyone wears the same regulation outfit and thinks the same as everyone else too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I quite like leggings when worn with the right thing.

On a lot of people they just look sh!te but they suit some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭angelicsaz

o yeah dirty dress thats excatly what i want...... can ya sense the sarcasim????
    dont presum stuff love, because people that do are usually wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I like leggings and Uggs. Don't wear them together though.

Advertisement