Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Video Marketplace

• 04-12-2007 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

well everyone was hoping that the video marketplace was going to be added this update it wasnt

but not to worry its coming next week on the 11th of december.

here is a part from xbox-scene.com
    Following the huge success of Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace Video Store in the US, where it has changed the way Xbox 360™ owners view and enjoy video, Microsoft® today announced that Xbox LIVE Marketplace Video Store will open for business in the UK on 11th December.

Xbox 360 owners will be able to rent full-length films such as 300, The Good German, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from as little as 250 Microsoft Points (*ERP £2) for Standard Definition movies and from 380 Microsoft Points (*ERP £3.20 [1]) for High Definition movies. This is in addition to over 100 music videos currently available to download from partners Ministry of Sound, Sony BMG, PIAS and Vid Zone.

With this launch, Xbox LIVE Marketplace becomes the first video on demand service to be available in six countries - US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France and Germany - and cements its place as the worldwide leader in online distribution of high-definition gaming and entertainment content.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

That video rental thing sounds pretty good!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

not really many launch filmto download but will probebly get better

pretty decent prices aswell.... 250 microsoft points for a sd movie..(€2.91)
    380 for a hd movie (€4.42)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Cool, wasnt aware of this! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

yeah i know its going to be deadly.

the real good think about it is i just purchased 4000 microsft points on ebay for 33 euro and now i have 4000 points to spend.

just got my elite today as the premium hard drive wasnt big enough for all this stuff and the funny thing about that is. its cost 180 euro to get the 120gb hard drive when i just traded in my premium and got an elite for 199 euro so i can believe that they think someone will purchase the hard drive seperatly.

cant wait for the movies in 720p hd. they should look fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

I heard a lady on the radio from microsoft saying that there will be only about 25 movies to pick from at the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nice to see ireland being included in a list of first countries for a roll out of service for once.

as you no cremo we maybe the first to be included when it is coming out in europe but it has been out in america for ages

they always get the best stuff the sob's

they have all the new movies alreay on there video marketplace even ones still in the cinema here.

its just makes my teeth hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

The list of movies available at launch is terrible.
    I'm sure i saw most of these on VHS:rolleyes:

http://www.totally360.com/gameinfo.php?details=newsid&newsid=2232

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I heard the lady from MS on the Radio last night saying there are just 28 launch titles (the list isn't compelling, might try one out just to see the quality) they're expecting to have at least 40 by the end of the year.

She also gave the example of the States where it launched last year with 50 titles, and now it has 2,200 titles and they hope to follow suit here. It's just a case of negotiating with the content providers, I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

yeah in fairness don't knock it...a start is a start..

any pray loads of people watch loads of movies so that this service becomes huge. for me this will be my only hd rental service, so i want it as comprehensive as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

They damn well better follow suit here. This is something I would actually use! I'd love to rent HD movies on this over buying a dedicated player which are still quite expensive and I don't trust the quality yet.

Because its downloadable content though and HD movies are freaking huge, they should have new releases up in advance so people can download them and have it so you can only watch them after a certain date like games on Steam. Save me waiting for it to download to watch it.

BTW, watching Heroes on my TV via HDD in DivX without having to stream or do anything other than throw it on my external HDD which I use anyway is brillant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

My launch 360 is in Germany awaiting it's rrod repair - hope they replace it cause there's no way I'd every want to watch a movie on it - much too noisy even without the dvd spinning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

Anyone know roughly how big a film file will be and how long will it take to download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

will definatly use this for hd films, especially if they get new releases up

death of the video rental stores??

already they are on the out, pushing videos for sale more then rent, but this could be the last nail

its 5.50 to rent a new film in a store, now you can rent for 3.50 in hd, instantly, no late fees or anything

epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

plissken wrote:
    Anyone know roughly how big a film file will be and how long will it take to download

The figures they were talking about were about 1GB for SD and 6GB for a standard length feature film. Given the state of broadband in Ireland in general, they said that it would take less than 1 hour for an SD film to download and 3+ hours for a HD film (they used the Eircom 2Mb 'Gamer' broadband package as a reference)

When the film is about half way down, you can start playing the film. For SD this is grand because the film should be finished downloading before the playback catches up with the download. For a HD film, it might be worth leaving it to download about 80-90% because it will definitely catch up before download is complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone know did they get the BBC contract for all the wildlife documentarys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Moe Lester wrote: »
    just got my elite today as the premium hard drive wasnt big enough for all this stuff and the funny thing about that is. its cost 280 euro to get the 120gb hard drive when i just traded in my premium and got an elite for 199 euro so i can believe that they think someone will purchase the hard drive seperatly.

Where did u trade it in? What did you give with it just the premium console & 1xcontroller? No games? Seems like a good deal!

yeah man it was a cracker of a deal i got 260 euro off it.

i gave the following.

xbox 360 premium
    hard drive
    1 wireless controller
    headset
    plug
    component cable
    ethernet cable.

i also gave the box but they do not require this and just say wouldnt you like to get the box with it so if you have the box you might aswell give it if not there is nothing to worry about.

also i dont think they check for the ethernet cable. i just gave it cause i have loads of them.

just bring all the stuff in they check to see it doesnt have the 3 red lights and then just transfer all your data. that part takes up to about 30 minutes and i had 7gb of stuff on it.

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Moe Lester wrote: »
    just got my elite today as the premium hard drive wasnt big enough for all this stuff and the funny thing about that is. its cost 180 euro to get the 120gb hard drive when i just traded in my premium and got an elite for 199 euro so i can believe that they think someone will purchase the hard drive seperatly.

Sorry to be taking this off topic. But where did you get the deal for the trade? Were they happy enough to do your data transfer in the shop, I heard a few places send you home with a cable to do it yourself. Did you notice any difference in noise of the machine?

Advertisement