Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my teeth falling out!!!!

• 04-12-2007 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

:eek: i have a reaccuring dream that my teeth are falling out. Sometimes it seems so real that when i wake up i have to check!!! What could this mean???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Fairly common dream. Often has something to do with a fear of public humiliation or similar.

The thinking behind that explanation is that your teeth play quite a large part of your outward appearance (and loosing your teeth is more plausible than loosing your nose).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

I thought it had to do with a major life upheaval. Public embarrassment is more the naked dream afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭k-a-t-e

Gerzilla, I have the same dream. My teeth are falling our or just crumbling away, mine too feel real and have to check when I wake if they're still there. Not had them for a while though.

I always thought it was about anxiety about another part of my life but have never known for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Usually it's associated with unchecked feelings of vulnerability in your conscious mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I was told (way back when) by my English teacher that it relates to ageing.
    Anxiety about growing older.

He was into the whole understanding dreams thing/literature and people would ask him about various dreams they had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 gerzilla

Thank's for the feed back , guess i try to hide my anxirty, may be financial anxiety .. so it come's out in my dream's ..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Possibly not a popular interpretation, but I had a chat with a housemate about this. He believes that losing teeth in a dream is related to major upheaval - major job change, illness, losing a loved one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I have that dream now and again. Prob cause I live at the dentists though.
    Read in some dream book that it means theres money coming your way but I dont believe all that. The other posts on this seem more realistic and plausable than it being some prediction of your future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Most likely it mean's your grinding your teeth in your sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gonzo_Fiend

I have this dream constantly. Like about 3 times a week. Very vivid. One interpretation I've read which is pretty funny is
    In the symbology of dreams teeth are thought to have sexual associations: strong teeth, biting and chewing food, symbolize vitality, and "the urge to bite when making love is significant. The love for one's partner is so intense that one could 'just gobble him or her up.' Dreams of losing teeth... like dental pain itself, have to do with sexual potency and impotence. Masturbation, above all, brings on dreams of losing teeth, as an expression of the sapping of energy" [E. Aeppli, Der Traum und seine Deutung.]

Personally I think its more likely to do with anxiety and/or major upheaval

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I've heard 2 interpretations

1: ageing, decaying, getting older etc.
    2: being deceitful, like a rotten mouth. or the image you're publically portraying is a lie.

I got those dreams when I felt I needed my teeth straightened so it could be more literal than people think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I have a loose adult tooth and so I'm always dreaming about them falling out, could it be that you have a fear of losing them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

had a dream about looking inn the mirror and seeing all my teeth have massive holes on them and looking all black and rotting.

was really weird.
    I made extra care to busy my teeth very well the next few days.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I thought it was worrying about money!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cupcake

It is supposed to mean youre afraid of losing control or not being able to control a situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

I too have had the teeth dream. Apparently it is a common one.

Also recurring dream about sitting an exam...pen won't write, pencil is broken, find another pencil but it breaks, only 2 hours left to write, panic and flapping ..general mayhem and never even get to start writing answers. FAIL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I used to get naked in school/college+teeth falling out all the time :)

Stopped getting either around a year ago, wonder what that means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I had a dream last night that one of my front teeth was crumbling. I have this dream of my teeth crumbling or falling out maybe three or four times a month. I would tend to agree that it could be related to major upheavals in ones life because there is no shortage of those at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Had this very dream last night, front teeth were loose then I touched them and they fell out, freaky as hell.

Woke up checking them haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

This thread made me dream about my teeth being loose and falling out :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Mairt wrote: »
    Most likely it mean's your grinding your teeth in your sleep.
    +1
    its more then likely this, i know it was for me, had to get a SHEXY mouthguard fitted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I often have that same dream, pretty scary... Someone told me it meant vanity :o interesting to see other peoples interpretations of it here...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

Fear of change in your life. Going through change, sheding the old, in with the new etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Firewalk

I too have had this dream on occassion, however a couple of nights ago I had a dream that all my teeth were black Allen screws (the ones that tend to come with flat pack furniture etc...) that had all come loose and I had to tighten them back in with an Allen key. Pretty weird, but presumably the same meaning as standard teeth falling out dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 goldfish007

hahaha this is incredible! i didnt realise it was such a common dream. I dream about ALL my teeth falling out at least once, twice a month. and its been going on for the last 2/3 years!!!!!

So i read up on it and all the books ive read have said that its fear of loosing a loved one. The front teeth represent your family and the back teeth represent your friends. It's weird though, cuz i never think of loosing anyone like that???

Ive also read that if your teeth are falling out, it means you're telling lies and if it's someone elses teeth falling out, they are lying to you.

I often find my that when i talk my teeth come spitting out and theres blood everywhere! (but im not telling lies???????????).....also do you remember when you were younger and whenever your teeth were about to fall out, you could feel the sharpness of the bottom of the tooth on your tongue? i used to HATE that feeling, and i always get that in my dream too...

all very strange.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I also have this recurring dream over the last 8-9 years

I spoke to a psych who related it back to having some teeth I had out under local anesthetic when I was around 8, as well as deaths in family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

I dream about my teeth falling out at least once a month.. Have had it three times this month though.. one of them two nights ago.. I was told it was about Vanity and worrying about other peoples opinions..

Advertisement