Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Celebrity Chef?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

Big fan of Raymond Blanc too, he really does show his passion for food.

Also a fan of Marco Pierre White, who doesn't rate Ramsay too highly after their very public fallout. Cant say that I'm a fan of Ramsay myself either, I just find him to be an arrogant loudmouth.

Favorite chef would be Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

jacko wrote: »
    Also a fan of Marco Pierre White, who doesn't rate Ramsay too highly after their very public fallout. Cant say that I'm a fan of Ramsay myself either, I just find him to be an arrogant loudmouth.

Pierre White calling Ramsey 'arrogant', 'unwilling to listen', and 'pretentious' is almost an irony overdose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I'm really enjoying this too, but it makes me want to go to France more and more each time I see it. I love Raymond's enthusiasm and he seems like he'd actually be nice to work for, as head chefs go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

cofy wrote: »
    It's definitely Neven Magiure for me. He makes thing so easy, that even I can follow, both in is programmes and his books.

IMO his restaurant is the best in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

+1.
    It's immaculate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

My hubby was going to take me there for my 40th but unfortunately things went against us.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

cant believe how badly jamie oliver is polling

hes the man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Poll needs Nigel Slater!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The poll is 5 years old & probably not very relevant anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

be the hokey... so it is. carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I can't believe Gordon "Family Man" Ramsey is leading this poll !

What about Nigel Slater, Heston and Neven?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 snooperella

Can anyone recommend which Ina Garten cookbook to buy for a novice?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I quite like Mr. Oliver if only because his recipes are extremely easy to follow, he makes sure all the ingredients are easy for the average plebs to source and they are, generally, pretty damned good. I also like the educational work he does and his 15 project. I just all in all feel like he's a top bloke and having eaten in two of his restaurants and 15 in London I rally respect him as a chef.

After him it's Nigella, not the worlds best cook by any means but dear lord, for a woman 25 years older than me, she's bloody gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Who the f*ck picked Rachel Allen?!?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Dermighty wrote: »
    Who the f*ck picked Rachel Allen?!?!?!?!?

Probably Rachel Allen herself tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Marco Pierre White.

Jamie is OK, Ramsey spends too much time with his hands in my food. Everything has to be cold by the time it gets served.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Ah how is Ramsay still winning this?
    Im enjoying a bit of Ina Garten and Guy (Fieri) Big Bite lately.

Mainly cos Food Network ram them down your throat but still.
    Love Ina's "just add butter" approach :D

Actually, has anyway ever her seen her measure everything exactly?
    "half a tea spoon of kosher salt" and she takes out her fecking measuring spoons. Is that an american thing or what? You wouldnt mind for the baking, but measuring a bit of salt to sear a roast:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The thread started, and mainly ran, in 2007 so the results will reflect that.

I can't stand Ina Garten myself. She's just too American.

Guy Fieri is hilariously ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

gordon ramsey?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Hugh Fearnley Wittingstal would be my favorite. Just for his whole attitude and enthusiasm for food, even if I don't like fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

hardCopy wrote: »
    Hugh Fearnley Wittingstal would be my favorite. Just for his whole attitude and enthusiasm for food, even if I don't like fish.
    I, too, would go for HFW but I like Nigel Slater as well. They're very different in many ways but I like their enthusiasm and, particularly in HFW's case, independence of thought. Plus, there's no need for an interpreter. Anyone remember Rachel Allen's "ram and chocolate cake"?

Advertisement