Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nokia CARK91 Carkit and Nokia 6230i phone

Options
  • 04-12-2007 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this might be better in the Mobiles and PDA's forum but I'll ask here anyway. Mods, feel free to move.

I have a Nokia CARK91 carkit which works with the Nokia 6310i etc.

I also have a Nokia 6230i (The "i" is apparently very important!!) phone.

Can I get a cradle to convert the carkit for use with the 6230i?

If anyone has experience, I'd be very grateful if you'd share it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

You can - There's a 'euro cradle' type affair. I bought one for about 60 quid and it didn't work.

Then I popped over to adverts and bought a full nokia carkit (a CK7) for the 6230 for €50, second hand but perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yes you can buy an adapter. I bought mine in the Nokia store for €45. It works fine, although it is a bit finicky to place your phone in it correctly compared with the orginal CARK91

We covered this here a few weeks ago. See here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

I know I should post this in another forum but...

I have the old C91 installed ex 6310i, and now have an E50 phone, what are my options - most important is charging...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Thanks for the replies.

I know it's been kindacovered before Unkel but the important bit was the 6230i and THB I'm still getting a lot of mixed messages about its compatability.

Also, I'd like to get a proper cradle to fit in rather than the "pop port adaptor" for reason of aesthetics and sometimes, they can be a bit finnicky from what I'm told.

I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Avns1s wrote: »
    I'd like to get a proper cradle to fit in rather than the "pop port adaptor" for reason of aesthetics and sometimes, they can be a bit finnicky from what I'm told

Ah, ok. Post back here if you find a solution you're happy with!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Oilrig wrote: »
    I know I should post this in another forum but...

I have the old C91 installed ex 6310i, and now have an E50 phone, what are my options - most important is charging...

I was in the same boat, and I had to get a Nokia CK7W car kit with the correct E50 cradle. They say that the CK7W is compatable with a lot of new Nokia phones, and it is, but you do need to pay extra for the cradle. The old car kit is pretty much useless to the E50.
    Also I had problems with the E50 so I upgraded the Firmware to sort it out. Ask at the shop where you got the phone to make sure the firmware is the latest ver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Yes it is possible to get a cradle that will fit your phone, but gives more hassle than it is worth it.

Best get the new CK7W as it has the latest technlogy built-in incl. bluetooth and can get cradles for most nokia phones.

Advertisement