Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod with 360

• 04-12-2007 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I've used my ipod with my 360 to play songs in the background of games, but hadnt for a while. So went I went to yesterday it wouldnt work. I downloaded the OPtional Media Update again and still doesnt work.
    I read here
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26071417

That Apple's newest firmware update blocked connectivity between the 360 and Ipod, is this true?
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

thats crap if they did,i thought it was great to be able to play music on in the backround and you could play ur ipod playlists.
    does it still not work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yeah I heard that the latest update block it from working on the 360. It sucks cos it's not like Apple have a game system – Microsoft have the Zune, so I'd understand if they were the one's that blocked it through an update to drive up Zune sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

i suppose what you could do is if you had a home theatre system,you cud hook the ipod up to it and play it on top of the game fx....you just wont be able to control the songs from your xbox control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

errrrrrmmm not sure why this is happening to you guys. it works fine with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

errrrrrmmm not sure why this is happening to you guys. it works fine with me.

Which firmware version is your iPod on?
    I stupidly updated mine recently, but haven't tried it on the 360 yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Just plugged my ipod nano into my elite both are updated to the newest software and it worked fine. Didint play a game but was able to play music off the ipod no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/digitalmedia/ipod.htm

Doubt it's microsoft blocking it, on their site (link above), it even explains how to hook them up.:confused:

Advertisement