Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropping out, advice?

• 04-12-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hello all,

I have my heart set on dropping out (dissatisfaction with course, not what i thought it was going to be at all) and was just wondering if anyone knows the procedure or has any advice?

I've yet to research going about it properly so just thought I'd seek out some advice on here first.

I heard a rumour somewhere that if you drop out before Christmas you get half your fees back. Be this true?

I live on campus also, might there be a refund of the remainder of the year's fees?

How exactly do I sever ties with the college completely so there's no problems (bureaucracy related things, "I never filled out form abz1 so technically I haven't dropped out" or whatever)

Thanks for any and all help/advice.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Call into the registration office and they shall put you straight. It is better to get it all sorted and you would get some money back. But do it quickly and properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

About this time last year I was in the same place as you, was going to drop out and lived on campus. Had applied to the CAO & UCAS and all.

Thought the course was too hard, couldnt see me passing anything and found the course very boring. Did the exams failed half of them but I decided to stay on and had a ball in the 2nd sems. Now a 2nd yr and still find the course boring as hell but I can make alot of money after I finish.

But that was just lucky as such.

Could be wrong with this but AFAIK if you drop out before the start of the 2nd sems you will only have to pay for the 1st sems in your new college.

You make two payments for on campus one for the 1st sems and another for 2nd sems.

Not sure if you will get ur deposit back tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭merritt

OP get straight to the Academic Advisory Office in the Arts Block. There is a formal procedure to follow and yes, it will affect fees, so ... run!

Advertisement