Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Curry In Sligo?

Options
  • 04-12-2007 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

We would like to take a friend out for a meal because she has helped us out immensely by letting us borrow her car. I know she likes curries so I thought maybe we would take her to the curry..... Where, would you say, is the best curry in Sligo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

4 Lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Thanks! Where is that? I'm not too familiar with Sligo town

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

4 Lights.

I think SligoBrewer is having a laugh. ;) The 4 lights is a chippie which is infamous in Sligo town but may only be able to rustle up curry chips! :D
    I would say Poppadum if you are looking for a good place. Mind you i dont think people expect those kind of generosities over here. (i am making presumptions on your username as Sligobrewer may have too!). Expect some turbulence in her accepting, but she is obviously a very lucky friend to have ye. :)

Oh I do expect turbulance in her acceptence, but hey I'll ride the storm.... Thank you for suggesting, I think I might also ask if she has her eye on somewhere to eat.

Sligobrewer, you are funny;)

Come to think of it, if there is turbulence, it will be the "4 lights"......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

in my opinion the mandarin court on wine street is the best in town. always has been . the only problem is that it is closed mondays and tuesday. pm me if you want the telephone number

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Check this thread. I would highly recommend the Indian I mentioned there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Best Curry in Sligo? Probably the one between Charlestown and Tubber:D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

We would like to take a friend out for a meal because she has helped us out immensely by letting us borrow her car. I know she likes curries so I thought maybe we would take her to the curry..... Where, would you say, is the best curry in Sligo?

Mandarin Court - delicious!

Goign to that new place Lemongrass in the Clarence this weekend - wil let you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

King's Special Thai Curry..

.. before it was closed down! :(

• Advertisement

We would recommend the Lemongrass!! Went tonight - delicious! I wrote more about it in the "Clarence Hotel" thread if you want to read more. (Don't know how to add a link.....yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Just copy and paste the content of the address bar...

thanks gillie :o that's quite simple then....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Try "Paprika" out on the Pearse Road if you like your nice and curries hot. It's my new favourite place.

Try "Paprika" out on the Pearse Road if you like your nice and curries hot. It's my new favourite place.

Thanks, I have to say Paprika is my personal favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Sligored wrote: »
    in my opinion the mandarin court on wine street is the best in town. always has been . the only problem is that it is closed mondays and tuesday. pm me if you want the telephone number

absolutely gorgeous - i love this place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think Paprika & Mandarin Court are fairly poor - I've tried both & when I asked about where there meats came from (ie local / imported) & if they were free range, they didn't want to tell me. So they're obviously the cheaper options - if the ingredients are top of the range, you'll have no problem shouting it.

Poppadom is good for that, but I find their main courses seriously lacking in the taste department. Far too bland. I was in the Lemongrass in Carrick a couple of months ago & was highly impressed, so I was glad to see one open in Sligo. It's equally as good, though I don't understand their policy of employing oriental chefs only - it's a franchise, so the recipies are gonna be the same - so surely an oriental trained Irish chef would be as good as an oriental? Whatever happened to equal opportunities?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

tuppence wrote: »
    I would say Poppadum if you are looking for a good place.

Popadums rocks, this gets my support!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

did not like poppadom. lemongrass followed closely by paprika for me.
    i cant believe there is not one decent chinese sit down restaurant in town though. the food in the mandarin is good but the place is in serious need of revovation and its like a lottery when its open. closed last weekend for the chinese new year!!!!!! i ask you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Classic India, Market Street.

YUMMY!!

Coriander Naan, dipped into Chana Masala, a little Mint Sauce...
    and thats just the side dish....

What time do they open, is 10.30am a little early for an Indian...?

• Advertisement

Sligored wrote: »
    did not like poppadom. lemongrass followed closely by paprika for me.
    i cant believe there is not one decent chinese sit down restaurant in town though. the food in the mandarin is good but the place is in serious need of revovation and its like a lottery when its open. closed last weekend for the chinese new year!!!!!! i ask you

I agree - Mandarin is a dump. I only ate there once - the food was okay, but I felt like I was having a bad trip looking at the decor. Staff were a bit odd too. If the hotel in "The Shining" had a chinese restaurant, that'd be it.

And Seume- I think it might be a wee bit early for an Indian. Leave it till at least 11am.

Surely the best curry in Sligo is Tubbercurry?!?!

(yeah - crap, I know!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I absolutely loved the Dragon House up in the market yard. I moved to Limerick and it was thriving and I moved back a year later and it was closed! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Best curry is a very broad question imo.
    So many different curries, so many different restaurants.

My fave take out from any of our eastern cuisine eateries = a chicken vindaloo from Classic India.

Oh you just had to bring it up didn't you....

Okay its 11 now, is Classic India open yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

:D I wouldn't put it past them....

I wonder do they open for lunch.
    I'm getting hungry.

MikeySligo wrote: »
    :D I wouldn't put it past them....

I wonder do they open for lunch.
    I'm getting hungry.

They don't. :(

They asked me did I think there would be call for it. I said YES.

Advertisement