Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless door bell ...

Options
  • 04-12-2007 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    My new house has a wrought iron gate in a perimeter wall about 6ft directly in front of my front door. I need to fit one of those wireless doorbell's.
    Anyone recommend one ?
    I'm a bit worried about mounting the push button on the wall outside.
    WIll they perform in all weathers ?
    Any advise ... Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

buy a decent one and you shouldnt have a problem. you can get a wirless type that the bell part plugs into a socket and the only battery you have to worry about is in the button. we do freidland and they seem to be a decent make but there are loads of brands out there. electrical wholesalers is probably the best place to start looking and tell them you want the push button to be ip rated(waterproof).

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Thanks northdublin ... When you say "we do freidland", do you have a
    shop I might drop into ... I'm northside aswell ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

yeah work in an electrical wholesalers in d11. pm me if you want the name and address.we have plenty in stock in a few shapes and sizes. like i said the most popular are friedland and the cheaper masterplug brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Hey northdublin ...
    I've sent ye a PM ...

Advertisement