Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Servicing at Dealers

Options
  • 05-12-2007 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Well as a follow on from the thread "The gobdaw on Irish Times/Matt Cooper who was charged >€800 for a service" i was wondering. My 04 Accord is due for service in the next few weeks, it currently has full Honda history. is it worth while to get it serviced at the dealership to retain the full honda history, or should i just get it serviced by my local mechanic.

Is it really worth it for resale to have the full honda history?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

If the car is out of warranty I would get any good mechanic to do the work for me. Main dealers, I just dunno about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I used to get my cars serviced at the main dealer while it was under warranty. After that I get my trusted independant mechanic to look after it.

I did this so that the manufacturer's could not worm their way out of covering the claim rather than just for stamping the service book.

When looking at the service history of a used car I am more concerned about how the car was looked after rather than where it was looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

My car is out of warranty hence I do all the 'typical' work myself (brakes, suspension, oil filters, cleaning out EGR valve etc) however if I needed the likes of a timing chain renewed (which is doubtful) or fuel system needed doing then it'd be going to a reliable indy - never main dealer

Advertisement