Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn......no Smart!

Options
  • 05-12-2007 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

I've moved house, and I've just found out that I won't be able to get Smart Broadband :(

After over 3 years of affordable uncontested unlimited 3MB broadband, I'll now be paying €16 extra for a worse (2MB contention limited) service :(

Apparently the line quality isn't good enough, and the only way to get it upgraded is to order eircom's version and live with it for 12 months :(

I have Vodafone's mobile service on trial, but it's only connecting via GPRS at dial-up speeds :( Pity, coz their new price of €29.99 isn't bad and would be handy when I go visit the g/f.....

So is there anything I should be aware of ? Any sneaky hidden costs ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There's an email spam scanner thing they may charge you for. My parents were paying for that for a while until I seen the bill.

Advertisement