Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost Hub Cap

Options
  • 05-12-2007 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

My 05 Mondeo now looks the ultimate 'Special Branch Car'. My mates always slag me that if there are two of us in the car we look like the Branch out looking for baddies. Well somewhere between last night and tonight I lost a hub cap. I suppose I'm going to get ridden raw and have to buy a set of four or do they sell them in ones and twos? Possible I might pick an individual one up somewhere if I keep my eyes open in a breakers yard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

'Plastic Wheel Trim' ;) Hub caps went out about 40 years ago!

You could try a breakers yard.

EDIT: It will look more like a 'special branch' car without the wheel trims! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could also try the Service Dep of a main Ford dealership. They sometimes have one or two wheel trim lying around the yard.

Alternatively you could get a new set from a motor factors though most of their styles tend to look naff on the car. Still probably better than the current "Special Branch" look though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

Lots on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

You dont say where your located but there is a place on the N11 going northbound just before the Cherrywood exit (beside Silver Tassie Pub) that has lots of used wheel trims for sale. They must have a hunderd or so outside on racks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

forget all the above, Simple solution;

flat head screw driver, stanley blade, car park. Take your pick! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Thanks for all the suggestions, Mr. Boots, I'm in Ballinteer so, I'll call by the Silver Tassie. Congo_90, tut tut :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

congo_90 wrote: »

A friend got done for speeding a couple of years back. The case before him was a respectable-looking man in his 50s who'd actually been caught stealing someone else's hubcaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for all the suggestions, Mr. Boots, I'm in Ballinteer so, I'll call by the Silver Tassie.
    It's on that little service road that runs along the front of the tyre place and the other shops (vets, chinese takeaway) there. It's the last place before the road ends. Beware though that opening times seem to be at the whim of the owner .. I've sent people down there before who've always come back to me and say it's closed.

Thanks Alun, do you know what it's called so I can ring him in advance as I'll only be able to do this on Saturday. Aren't Irish businesses wonderful. He's probably out scouring roundabouts for lost hub caps, sorry wheel trims :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks Alun, do you know what it's called so I can ring him in advance as I'll only be able to do this on Saturday. Aren't Irish businesses wonderful. He's probably out scouring roundabouts for lost hub caps, sorry wheel trims :)
    It took a lot of head scratching but I'm pretty sure it's called the Swap Shop .. no idea if he's in the phone book or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

congo_90 wrote: »

One of my pet hates. Got half the wheel caps off my car pinched in the square one noght by someone just like that. Most expensive trip to the cinmea Ive ever had.

Just in case someone has one lying around, here is a pic.

56da_1.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andrewreid85

Mate I know for a fact you can get that Ford wheel trim at http://www.quickhubs.com/ford-wheel-trims.html.

Advertisement