Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 2x11 - "Left Turn Ahead" (** Spoilers **)

• 05-12-2007 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

Has to be done... most of the readers of this forum will have this by tomorrow, so we need somewhere to discuss it!

From TV.com:
    Dexter must make a massive decision that will have an effect on all those he holds close. Lila meanwhile is back with a secret to blackmail Dexter.

Verdict? 19 votes

A geyser of blood
    0% 0 votes
    A nicked artery
    57% 11 votes
    A grazed knee
    42% 8 votes
    A paper cut
    0% 0 votes
    A stubbed toe
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if this is all some elaborate prank.... I will have my vengeance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Girlfriend wants me to wait to watch it with her tomorrow evening..

.. maybe just 5 minutes of it or so, can't hurt... right? ;)

just act surprised when you watch it with her...
    you'll have alreay seen it so you'll know in advance what to act like at each moment :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Also you can predict with amazing accuracy how it will end. Especially if there is a twist or two in it.

Yeah, i'll wait til tomorrow. Give me a double dose of Dexter for tomorrow night and i'll be happy for the week.

Oh.. and unsubscribing from this thread as when i see the replies start popping up tomorrow when i'm at work, i'll be too tempted to sneak a peek.

• Advertisement

damnit....
    i had myself convinced he was going to turn himself in

episode 12 in 1 minute :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you're on about the bit I'm thinking about mordeth then I know what you mean. I couldn't believe it when he said it to Deb. It was a complete wtf moment. That whole scene was hilarious after I realised he was playing it out in his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah that bit was pretty damn funny, despite being really cheesy. Probably just coz it doesnt really fit in with the rest of the series :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Holy ****ing flying ****

:O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Good episode without being spectavular and it sets itself up nicely for the series finale which I'm going to watch in a couple of minutes. I think it's fairly obvious what's going to happen now but I still can't wait for it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Great episode leading up to the finale! Loved the
    scene where he is seeing what would happen if he told Deb,very funny after you get over the initial shock

OK.. time for my opinion of this. Keeping this shorter as i rambled on a bit (OK, a lot) in the season finale thread.

An excellent leading up episode.. and loved the 'Left Turn Ahead' reference.

The episode was a bit obvious as we all knew he wouldn't turn himself in.. but the scene with him telling Deb felt so fecking real (up until the choking bit) and then became hilarious to see the different reactions. Did anyone's heart jump into their throat when he first said it though?! :eek: Brillant!

And wasn't Lila painted as a cruel bitch? Not that we needed convincing.. we've seen her that way pretty much since day 1. What she did to Batista was too cruell!

Loved Dexter's line to Angel: "If i could model myself off anyone real, it'd be you!" and Angel's stunned reaction.

The ending with Lila walking up towards the cabin and Doakes sitting back ready to be rescued was just a perfect way to end it. You got the distinct feeling hell would break loose in the finale with Dexter racing towards the cabin alongside the Feds, the PD, Deb and (though he was unaware of it) Lila.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Another top mark episode for me, great writing, Lyla was an evil desperate cow for what she did with Angel, great interaction between Doakes and Dex, Dex almost had himself convinced that it was the right thing to do was to turn himself in, the confession to Debs was hillarious, and thanks to Debs it brought Dex back to his senses. Great finale scene with Debs heading to the cabin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Another great episode, it's fascinating to see Dex with the mask off when talking to Doakes. It was oddly touching to see him put his affairs in order too before changing his mind about turning himself in. Off to watch the finale now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I'm only disappointed the series is going to end in one more episode :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Good episode. One small nitpick though. Dexter being stupid enough to leave a record of his comings and goings in his GPS device? Come on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Stark wrote: »
    Good episode. One small nitpick though. Dexter being stupid enough to leave a record of his comings and goings in his GPS device? Come on...

well I think the whole point this season was that Dexter is getting sloppy, he's getting emotionally involved with people, talking to much and no longer adhering to Harrys code.

I thought it was another great episode. I haven't watched the season finale yet as i'm waiting for it in HD next week (I have standards :rolleyes:)

The lila angle I could see coming from a mile off, once she got a hold of the gps. It will be interesting to see how lila meeting up with Doakes plays out.

Also, I was gritting my teeth when I seen Doakes and the alligator, I was saying "If they kill him off by having an alligator eat him after all this i'm going to kill the writers" Glad it was only a bunch of random drug dealers passing by that ended up getting him.

Advertisement