Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 2x12 - "The British Invasion" (** Spoilers **)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

ixoy wrote: »
    Oh I'd have assumed as much but we saw Doakes funeral after that which meant that it took two weeks for that to happen. Or maybe I just remember the last few minutes wrong?

I guess we could fanwank it and say that Doakes body was only released after the investigation finally concluded a few weeks later after all the filing and reporting that Lundy mentioned was finished. We could also say that Lila had all that mail because of all the stuff that would be generated by moving house i.e. old mail forwarded and setting up all these new gas, electric, bank accounts etc.

But what I don't get is why she would leave the lights on in her apartment all day while she's out :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

Great end to the season. It was a pity about Doakes but i suppose it had to be done. Also didn't like to see Lila killed. I would have liked to have seen her reintroduced sometime, not necessarily right at the start of next season or as Dexter main nemesis, but maybe towards the end of the season gearing up for the fourth. Could have been interesting given the history and maybe added some depth especially with debra's antipathy and the framing of Angel. Seemed like a waste to me of a character to me, although it could probably be argued she served her purpose.

Anyway great season long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I know i'm late to the party but of all episodes to watch in HD 5.1 this was the one. Very glad I waited.

I've never said out load with such conviction "Good riddance!" as I did in the end of this episode. I was thinking the same as basq, I really thought they where going to bring back lila in season 3 as some nemesis, or have Dexter sojourn to paris under the trite episode title of "American Serial Killer in Paris".

I haven't been this content with an ending since "The Shawshank Redemption" (funnily enough thats also been highly acclaimed yet never accredited)

The dialogue and editing was flawless, and I truly felt for Laguerta. Doakes really did not deserve to die like that and be blamed with all of Dexters crimes. Lets hope Laguerta stays on the case and that Dexter starts to feel regret next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I was delighted Miss Pardonmytits got what was coming to her she was so annoying. The cabin explosion was really well executed (if you'll pardon the pun!) - definitely the best scripted and acted piece of TV around and the use of music on this show is second to none.
    This is what TV is all about.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I am annoyed that I waited until 2 weeks ago to watch this show at all, and really annoyed that after watching 2 seasons in that time i have to wait 9 more months for the next one (assuming those damn writers are back to work any time before then).

Fantastic show, and really puts Heroes to shame for excitement, character development, plot twists and just general fantasticness!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How did Dex know that Lyla had gone to Paris?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Bond-007 wrote: »
    How did Dex know that Lyla had gone to Paris?

Im not sure,

Dexter was in her place, perhaps found a flight ticket?, What about that backround check from earlier in the series? it was her place in paris and they knew she was in the country illigally and Dexters sister told Lyla to leave the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

Just finished it last night!! Brilliant :D:D

I was hoping the final confrontation would be between Doakes and Dexter and not Lila, but it all went completly satisfyingly in the end :D

Overall Season Two was much better than Season one I think, I never knew what was gonna happen next which was really cool!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've avoided this forum so far for fear of having something spoiled before I finished the two seasons. All I can say is: best...show...ever!

Like everyone else I was disappointed that Doakes was killed off, but realistically, he had to go because I don't think the show was ever going to get bogged down with his word versus Dexter's in a court room. I loved all the scenes between him and Dexter in the latter stages of the season.
    basquille wrote: »
    And how happy was I at the decision to kill off Lila? It was a fantastic decision in more ways than one. For one.. Lila was loathed by most of the fan community. She's generally an unlikable character but up until the last few episodes, she never really added that much and distracted a lot from the ongoing Bay Harbour Butcher storyline so she was always a no-go for Season 3. And also, when I saw her flying off to Paris and then walking down the Paris streets and into her hotel.. I'd be forgiven for thinking they might bring her into season 3 as some nemesis. And alarm bells rang.. that'd just tacky beyond belief and too predictable! And then to see the Miami postcard and Dex pop up, truly the best resolution for all involved and a fantastic end to the season.

Amen! I thought for sure when we saw her walk down the street that we hadn't seen the last of her, and I had flashes of her being the main antagonist next season. There are a couple of nit-picky issues such as the length of time that had elapsed between her disappearing and Dexter finding her, but I was so damn relieved that Dex sent her to sleep with the fishes that I really didn't care :D

Brilliant, brilliant television. Here's to many more seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good to see you caught up Necromomicon.

Truly a second season on par (if not better) than the first season.

Now that I saw this pop up on my subscribed threads, I think I may actually given season 2 a rewatch this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

I stayed out of here until I watched the whole two series, too ;)

This is definitely the best thing to come out, well, I don't think I've ever been so into a programme before. It's got the perfect balance of suspense but unlike Lost, it actually satisfies with answers, on a regular basis... and thank feck they killed off that irritating fish lipped psycho before the end.

But here's my question: the woman who Dexter went to for the old files, on the guys he was thinking about doing away with - why didn't she see that they were the same guys killed by the bay harbour butcher, and realise it was him?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

I think I must have been the only person around here watching Dexter on FX on a Sunday night...:rolleyes:

Well, what can I add that hasn't already been said, I was on the edge of my seat for most of it and I loved the ending in Paris.

Fantastic series-my Sunday nights won't be the same for sometime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Excellent end to the series alright.
    elven wrote: »
    But here's my question: the woman who Dexter went to for the old files, on the guys he was thinking about doing away with - why didn't she see that they were the same guys killed by the bay harbour butcher, and realise it was him?
    I don't think he got all of the files from her? Most of them he came across in his own cases. There is a hint that she suspects something's up, but has never said what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Cainer wrote: »
    I think I must have been the only person around here watching Dexter on FX on a Sunday night...:rolleyes:

Nope, me and my wife also. Well we had it Sky+'d as we were away for a good while and over the last 2 days had a 4 or 5 episode Dex fest. Great series, really enjoyed it.

And those not liking the Lila character, isn't that the point ? I thought she was a very good character, really got under your skin in a bad kind of way which worked much better than having no feelings whatsoever for her so much so that you didn't care either way what happened to her.
    I'll miss Doakes though, I initially didn't like him that much of a character in the first series but he grew on me in the second. But as others have said, without some cheesy plot what else could have been the outcome ?

Advertisement