Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling car privately in current climate

Options
  • 05-12-2007 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi folks,
    am considering selling my car privately,

Honda Accord Type S Auto '07...
    ( i have been told that there are not many of them around )

is it too fresh for a private sale?

anyone know what she is worth..

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What's the reason for selling, what_car?

Nice car but in a private sale you'll suffer a huge depreciation. As in you'll do well to shift it for 30% less than the list price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

unkel wrote: »
    What's the reason for selling, what_car?

Nice car but in a private sale you'll suffer a huge depreciation. As in you'll do well to shift it for 30% less than the list price

hi
    was going to treat myself for 2008... your right about depreciation , some dealers are quoting 29k - 31k on a trade in...... it was €38.5k new.

i suppose the Irish mentality, regarding large :D engines and the fact that its an auto might scare some buyers......:eek:

the reason for selling, i was just thinking of getting something new for '08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

It's worth a try selling it private. You might get more than what dealers are offering you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Alot of people are holding off until after the budget is announced, to see what way the new motor tax system pans out.

A fairly new 2.0 litre petrol auto without the "prestige" badge is going to take a big hit in depreciation and I reckon it will be hard to shift privately. More than likely your potential buyer is going to be limited to someone who is actually looking for this type of car rather than someone on the lookout for a car in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If i were you, I'd stick it up on carzone, update it regularly so it stays up and the ad looks new (at first glance anyway) and then just hope and wait that someone is looking for your exact car and wants to buy it.

Just be prepared to drive it for another year if things don't pan out. (rather than give it away at a massive loss)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Good_Crow

Get it up on CarsIreland.ie too. Just as good as Carzone in my experience and free to use if your a private seller.

Advertisement