Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the Leaving Cert????

Options
  • 05-12-2007 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

hey i needed some advice,
    I am a 6th year student and my friend left school after his Junior Cert to become a barber in the family business...he done really well in his Junior Cert, but decided after it, that school wasn't for him so in 5th year he dropped out after Christmas, 4 years later he has decided that he is going to go back and do his leaving and get himself into college before its too late.

I going with him to Plunketts to get information but is there anybody out there that would be kind enough to give him advice on how he should go about all of this...

like teachers, administrators, people who have repeated the leaving...ect

I would be most greatful if i could get some kind of feedback to this tread

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm repeating...
    He really should do the leaving...he won't be kicking himself or asking himself, what if?
    But he has a lot of work to do, especially in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deelizious

Fair play to him, it's not an easy decision to go back. He deserves a lot of support. Of course there will be a lot of work to be done but he will be motivated cos it's what he wants to do. Best of luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Hey, repeating here.

It's deffo one of the best decisions I've ever made, but I have to agree with above, the change in the english course is quite difficult but it's managable.
    Last year when I was doing my (first lol) leaving cert we had two students that were both 27 yrs old, both with degrees! So you're never too old to re-sit. Deffo wont regret it either. Knowledge is power as they say!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Repeating for the third time :D I also know people who dropped out of school after the junior and went back a few years later. They say it's hard but worth it ;)

Advertisement