Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Floor Laying

Options
  • 05-12-2007 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Quick one....

Just got a quote to lay a solid wooden floor at €14 a sq. yard....

Is this about average??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,442 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is that laying only?

What about supply of materials and sundries, cutting and waste around edges, skirting boards and cover slips, varnishing .....

Moved from Accommodation & Property to Construction & Planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,156 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Are we fast or are we fast? - swiftly moved again to DIY forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Victor wrote: »
    Is that laying only?

What about supply of materials and sundries, cutting and waste around edges, skirting boards and cover slips, varnishing .....

Moved from Accommodation & Property to Construction & Planning.

I have all the materials, basically this is just to lay it and do the skirts. Thought it was a bit expensive myself?. Room is 17 x 15, around €400 for that??.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,101 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sounds like a lot to me. B&Q do a DVD for a couple of euro on how to lay laminate and solid flooring. Worth watching I'd say even if getting someone in to do it, but after watching it you may be tempted to have a go yourself :) I haven't done solid wood flooring, but laminate is easy peasy.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

ninja900 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot to me. B&Q do a DVD for a couple of euro on how to lay laminate and solid flooring. Worth watching I'd say even if getting someone in to do it, but after watching it you may be tempted to have a go yourself :) I haven't done solid wood flooring, but laminate is easy peasy.

Cheers Ninja, only thing is that floor was €58 a sq. yard so don't want to make a balls of it!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

at 58 asq.yard get a pro in. i take it that its going into a good room as opposed to your bed room etc and theres nothing as bad looking as a botch job shop around but maake sure you get referances if it costs a few quid more and the job is done right with no come back enough said

Advertisement