Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3

Options
  • 05-12-2007 5:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

If there's any old school players like myself out there then let me know. I'd be well into playing a basic map with another human for a change! The demo works fine and if it goes well you can get hold of the full version later for additional maps!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

This place is pretty dead.

I'd suggest you try #quake.ie and #qw.ie, then there's also www.quake.ie (but thats not got a lot happening either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Have started messing around with the demo again - looking at getting "The Quake Collection" for Crimbo...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 spektr

looking for an opponent too.
    basic maps like dm6, ztn1 and t4 at lanparty's server (is that the only one in Ireland by the way?), so if anyone interested let me know please.

Hey spektr, couple of things - get IRC and go to #Irish.Gaming
    Few of us around there play Q3 and would be interested (Hedgepig is one that messaged me but I was away at the time...)

Also, LanParty.ie will be running Quake leagues - information needs updating but it will be CPMA mod using vQ3 gameplay on ztntourney1, pro-t4, pro-dm6, aeroq3 and pro-nodm9.

Give me a PM if you need any assistance (that applies to all interested parties.......I just like the PM's really :) )

🤪

• Advertisement

It will be good to see it at the ESWC, though line-up could be odd. No CZM in American bracket (maybe at Masters), no Z4 (complaining of cheaters but apparently he is struggling after trying to mount a comeback)...

QuakeLive on the horizon (which I am holding out hope for despite some beta testers breaking the NDA and slating it!)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

Well, take a look at this : http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1548883

It is getting interesting ...

Oh and lads dont forget to sign up for : http://lanparty.ie/tournaments.php?id=21 [ rules yet to be updated ] and start playing ffs.

Interesting stuff but a strange decision depending on the contract arrangements - I can understand Quake players being taken on if its just LAN fees & travel being paid but it would be an odd move to have a guaranteed wage there too - not enough events!

Lots of talk on ESReality that Z4 isn't the player he once was (and even worse that he has lost all gaming etiquette (gg, etc)).

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

maybe they know something we dont ....

A: knock knock
    B: whos there ?
    A: an irish q3 player
    B: wow :D

B = me , so ... who is playing ?!

It would be a stretch to call what I do "playing" :D

Hedgepig (on IRC)
    Jazzy (?)