Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Resoloution in Vista

• 05-12-2007 8:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for each user on a pc running Vista Home to have their own screen resoloution settings or is it still one for old

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

As far as I know thats always been possible , XP or Vista , it certainly is in Vista , of course if you have an LCD its not advisable as the native res is the only res that looks good.

Better to adjust appearances , font size and so on , for each user as opposed to the resolution if you have an LCD , with a CRT of course , go ahead , it wont hurt.

To do it , right click on an empty part of the desktop , choose personalize from the bottom of the list , and set you options in there , this has to be done for each user , so log into each account and set up as required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks for that Mathias, as you say I will probally ajust the icon etc settings and leave the native res

Cubix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Me again, i left the default resoloution of 1280x1024 and changed the DPI setting of the icons from default 96 to 120DPI for the other two users who did not like the 96 DPI setting that came with screen res of 1280x1024. The thing is it also changes my ones. Is it something i am doing as I thought each user could have their own display/Icon DPI settings. Just to recap I am running Vista Home

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

oh for video drivers that scale or stretch for you...

dpi is system wide
    you could try large fonts for them instead of dpi and for your profile try change the fonts to something like Verdana 7 or 8

Advertisement