Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Houllier or McCarthy for South Korea

• 05-12-2007 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭

From here
    Houllier or McCarthy for South Korea
    Eurosport | Wed, Dec 5, 07:24
    Gerard Houllier or Mick McCarthy will be the next coach of South Korea and an appointment will be made by the end of the week, the Korea Football Association announce. "It's 50-50 between the two," a KFA spokesman said. "A final decision will be made very soon."

Interesting, good to see Mick is held in high regard!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I hear the nearby training facilities are brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

LOL !

I bet if they were asked about this today they would both ROFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed, Micks got a decent gig with Wolves.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Houllier or Mick Byrne to get the Job!

Good to know the koreans has identified their men!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

dbnavan wrote: »

has Mick put on a few years?

• Advertisement

:D lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Haha that's brilliant stuff. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

good find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

News jut in on SSN

Houllier has ruled himself out of the post.

Anyone know what the story is now with Mick? I'm going over to the Wolves v Burnley game this week end really hope he's staying on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

News jut in on SSN

Houllier has ruled himself out of the post.

Anyone know what the story is now with Mick? I'm going over to the Wolves v Burnley game this week end really hope he's staying on

Wolves are to release a statement shortly...not sure what to make of that becaiuse if he was off I'd say there'd be a press conference, no?

• Advertisement

Nunu wrote: »
    Wolves are to release a statement shortly...not sure what to make of that becaiuse if he was off I'd say there'd be a press conference, no?

well the korean FA arn't making their decision until saturday so nothing will be concrete until then.

McCarthy is doing great at wolves, i cant see them attracting any big name managers if Mick does decide to leave. He's doing very well this year after overachieving with them last season

Some christmas present for my dad, bringin him over to the Burnley game to see a manager-less wolves :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

interestingly enough, where does this leave Houllier for Irish job ?
    I spoke to Kevin Doyle and Shane Long in a Dublin pub on Sat night and they said that Houllier is the Irish players choice for the Irish job.

s8n wrote: »
    interestingly enough, where does this leave Houllier for Irish job ?
    I spoke to Kevin Doyle and Shane Long in a Dublin pub on Sat night and they said that Houllier is the Irish players choice for the Irish job.

this is one thing that reall drives me up the wall - why should players have any say in who their manager should be. same craic with the england job with the english FA consulting Gerrard and Terry. nonsense.

s8n wrote: »
    They must have spent the whole weekend on the tear in Dublin then, I was with them in Coppers, along with Stephen Hunt on Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

He has ruled himself out of Korea job.

http://www.wolves.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~1184022,00.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_2947536,00.html
    Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has ruled himself out of the running to become the new South Korea manager.

There had been widespread speculation over the future of the former Republic of Ireland boss after he and former Liverpool chief Gerard Houllier were said to be two leading contenders.

Korean Football Association spokesman You Young-chul had stated that it was a "50-50 decision" between the two men.

But following a meeting with club owner Steve Morgan and chief executive Jez Moxey, McCarthy has decided his future remains at Molineux.

McCarthy told the club's official website: "I was very flattered to be contacted and to be considered a candidate alongside someone of the calibre of Gerard Houllier.

"But I have always been committed to the job at Wolves. I love it here and, having spoken to Steve, I made it clear I'm staying.

Moxey added: "The board is delighted with the job Mike is doing. He is totally committed to the club, the players, staff, supporters and the task at hand.

"When you have such a high quality manager there is always going to be a chance that someone else will be interested in signing them, but we are pleased to confirm to our supporters that it's business as usual at Molineux."

Houllier had earlier told Sky Sports News that he too was not interested in the vacancy.

The Korean Football Association must now continue their search to find a successor for Pim Verbeek, who left his post in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

DesF wrote: »
    They must have spent the whole weekend on the tear in Dublin then, I was with them in Coppers, along with Stephen Hunt on Sunday night.
    What were you doing in Coppers, aulfella like ye :eek:

:D

Savman wrote: »
    What were you doing in Coppers, aulfella like ye :eek:

:D

Trying to tap up the three Reading lads for Boardeaux, we have to get out of fourth place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

DesF wrote: »
    Trying to tap up the three Reading lads for Boardeaux, we have to get out of fourth place.

When you say "tap" you men stalk don't you ?;):p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

We all look the same to them.

Advertisement