Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skerries-whats it like to live in

• 05-12-2007 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Anyone got any opinions on Skerries,

is it a nice place to live. Places to go, see. Areas to live in,

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Skerries, what's it like to live in?

Better than Balbriggan. :D Joking. It's expensive (property wise) though compared to Balbriggan. It's a lovely town with plenty to see in the surrounding areas. Huge sandy beach, some very nice eateries/pubs, on the train line to dublin, and the town is a stones throw from Ardgillan demesne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

100gSoma wrote: »
    the town is a stones throw from Ardgillan demesne.
    Which is actually in Balbriggan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's like Balbriggan only more expensive and with fewer foreign immigrants. Skerries natives tend to have a rather inflated opinion of themselves (not personal experience, but a couple of friends who moved to Skerries have told me this), Balbriggan people refer to them as goats when they get too uppity. :)

blastman wrote: »
    Balbriggan people refer to them as goats when they get too uppity. :)
    Well they did eat St Patricks Goat!

They in turn refer to us as 'Half-Shirts'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Skerries natives tend to have a rather inflated opinion of themselves
    Much as I hate to generalise, I'd have to agree! :(

I know many people from Skerries and quite often I'm asked why I don't move to Skerries. :eek: All I hear is "Skerries has everything". :rolleyes:

Does it not occur to these people that we are quite content to live where we are! I love Rush and don't think I could live anywhere else. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i would agree with wishbone....rush is a nice place to be. the impression i got from skerries is there is a level of stiff upper lipness about the place and there is not a whole lot in skerries that is not in rush or balbriggan. there is not the level of ongoin building in skerries that is going on in balbriggan which includes a lot of affordable housing. this maybe why the house prices are higher in skerries. rush i think is an inbetween, lots of houses of all shapes and sizes plonked down on bits of land scatterd all over the town.....not much planning went on here in the past but it makes for interesting house viewing if your in the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Some lovely pubs in Skerries :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Skerries natives tend to have a rather inflated opinion of themselves
    Maybe other North Fingallians have an inferiority complex?

FFS - The OP asked what it was like to live in Skerries, not "Are Skerries people a bunch of snobby tossers?"

OP - Skerries is a nice place to live. It has plenty going for it with regards to the quality & quantity of amenities. There are plenty of pubs, restaurants, cafes for entertainment. The south & north strands & the town park (around Skerries Mills) for bracing winter walks. 80+ sports clubs & associations. A couple of drama & choral groups, the historical society, the photography club, the film society, etc, etc, etc.

It has pretty decent commuter services & is only 10 minutes to the M1.

As for areas to live - there's one estate on the north side of the town that wouldn't exactly have a great reputation, but apart from that they are all pretty decent.

As others have pointed out Skerries doesn't have a swimming pool or cinema, but these are only a short drive away in the other wonderful towns that Fingal has to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Pretty mcuh as Hill Billy said.

IMHO it's one of the nicest places in North fingal to live.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    FFS - The OP asked what it was like to live in Skerries, not "Are Skerries people a bunch of snobby tossers?"

Surely the living experience in Skerries would be somewhat affected by those currently residing in the area?

It's a fair enough comment to make and I'm sure the OP won't take it as gospel but rather the opinions of some people from neighbouring towns.

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    the opinions of some people from neighbouring towns.
    Opinions to you maybe, but to me they are sweeping generalisations that don't offer any sort of value to what the OP asked for.

It would be pretty much like me saying that all people from Balbriggan have an inferiority complex. (a) It's got SFA to do with why someone would want to live there because (b) it is quite obviously an untrue & unfair generalisation on the good people of Balbriggan.

/2¢

Opinions to you maybe, but to me they are sweeping generalisations that don't offer any sort of value to what the OP asked for.

It would be pretty much like me saying that all people from Balbriggan have an inferiority complex. (a) It's got SFA to do with why someone would want to live there because (b) it is quite obviously an untrue & unfair generalisation on the good people of Balbriggan.

/2¢

Hill Billy I'm not going to argue with you about this so we can agree to disagree. And in future I'd appreciate it if, when you have a problem with a post, you use the report post function.

Now, back on-topic please.

Well dara28 - Based on over 35 years experience Skerries is a great place to live not only for the town itself, but also the people (in my opinion). As with all towns - it has its pros & cons. For me, the former far, far outweigh the latter.

If there are any specifics you want to know drop me a pm & I'll be happy to oblige.

With regard to my comment, I did say it was something that was said to me by friends who had moved to Skerries and was their opinion. A sweeping generalisation it most certainly wasn't. If certain people feel touchy about it then maybe there's an element of truth in it after all. :)

* sticks nose in air, ignores blastman's comment & continues nibbling cucumber sandwich (without crusts of course) & sipping Earl Grey tea * :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

What can I say about it.

A little from Column A, and a little from Column B.

I was born and reared here. I live in one of the older estates, so I grew up watching all the old stuff change to new.

When they built the new estates in the town, namely The Rock, and Kellys Bay, this whole idea of living in Skerries being "posh" arrived.

When we were growing up the trains were a heap of crap, and everyone just got on the train, sat down, and shut up, and everyone was happy.

Now, because of this whole idea of Skerries being posh, the new crowd of adults(late 20's - late 30's), have welcomed it opened armed. I've noticed them develop their own derivative of the D4 accent, which really does my head in. And on the train in the morning you will notice it when they are on the phone, all of them do it. They take out the phone, put on the fake accent and talk ****e really loud ("Shall we do lunch? About one thirty? Ok great, see you then darling!").

To live in Skerries is nice if you've just moved here and are starting new. But when you grow up in the place, and you know all the differant groups of people you notice that the place really is about 'keeping up appearances'.

(however I don't give a **** about wearing fancy shirts or any of that ;) )

To be honest, for people that have no interest in sport, there is very little to do in the town. I'm not a sporting person, have no interest in it. The only thing I do have an interest in is hiking, but I just head to Wicklow for that.

In the last couple of years I've seen a huge increase in the amount of younger people binge drinking. I'm not it wasn't going on before, but the people that are drinking more are getting younger and younger, like 12 or 13.

To go out in Skerries is great. For pubs, you've got The Coast, Tommy bahama's, O'Sheas, Shenanigans, Joe Mays, Stoop your Head, Blue.

You could spend an entire night in any of those. And you meet some savage people, and there's always good craic. The price of drink is pretty much like anywhere else, it varies. But it is good fun :)

If you do go out on a Friday night, you'll see a good few lads donning the hoodies lets just say ;) People do tend to go a bit mad at the weekend, and when I'm walking to work in the morning I see the place littered with empty Dutch gold cans and chipper bags.

As regards the people you'll meet. The elderly people of the town are the nicest bunch of folk you could ever meet. I work in a local supermarket and they are always quick to greet me in the morning which is really cool, and they are always up for a laugh too.

A few of the young lads walking around the town have gotten into the whole rugby thing, which brings with it the idea of Skerries being posh. Although a lot of people like to think rugby makes it posh *sigh*.

Then there are another group of young lads in the town who are the rudest bunch you'll ever meet. But I won't go into that :rolleyes:

All in all, I love the town and it has some great people. But like with any town. it has it's flaws.

And as I said, a little from Column A, and a little from Column B

Hauk :)

Chinafoot wrote: »
    in future I'd appreciate it if, when you have a problem with a post, you use the report post function
    Chinafoot, I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you there.

If Hill Billy reported a post because it made "sweeping generalisations", it would be laughed out of the Moderators Forum. Debate is all about opinions and you will always get sweeping generalisations. They are not necessarily offensive in themselves as, they are by nature, not aimed at individuals.

The Report function is usually used to report a particularly offensive post or a post which is potentially libellous. Making "sweeping generalisations" about the good people of Skerries could hardly be described as libellous or offensive.

My own post in this thread could also be described as a "sweeping generalisation" but I would be flummoxed if it was reported!

Apologies Chinafoot for the back seat modding! :o Please ban me for a couple of weeks if you think it's appropriate :eek: and feel free to pop over to the LTD Forum to do an inspection! ;)

Hill Billy's only a blow-in anyway and doesn't even live in Skerries! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Hauk wrote: »
    To go out in Skerries is great. For pubs, you've got The Coast, Tommy bahama's, O'Sheas, Shenanigans, Joe Mays, Stoop your Head, Blue.

You could spend an entire night in any of those. And you meet some savage people, and there's always good craic. The price of drink is pretty much like anywhere else, it varies. But it is good fun :)

Unfortunately Tommy's is being sold and will be closing on the 30th Dec. :(

Hill Billy's only a blow-in anyway and doesn't even live in Skerries! :D:D:D

That's a downright lie! I'll have you know that I'm still within the parish boundaries. ;)

Post reported.*

(* Only joking. :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Hi Hauk,
    Have to disagree with you on a few things.
    I was born and reared in a working class suburb of Dublin, which expanded in the 1970's, in a similar but a smaller fashion to Skerries now.
    I moved into one of those new estates in Skerries you refer to, simply because I liked Skerries, but there was very very housing stock available in the late 90's/early 2000. In fact when I went looking, the most expensive houses were the older houses. Better value to be had in the new estates.
    Skerries in still fairly mixed, and this 'posh' aspect you refer to is not at all widespread, especially when compared to the likes of Malahide.
    I have never heard about this new crowd being 'posh'. In fact in my experiences on the train the posh crowd are the college kids in their 20's, who are all from the older parts of Skerries.
    Those in their late 20's - late 30's are by and large very hard working office etc. workers, who struggle to pay high mortgages/creche fee's etc. They like were they live, and are proud of the town. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a nice town, and eveyone takes pride in the tidy towns awards etc., as they start in the community.
    Again the main ones I see on the phones are the college kids, who were born in Skerries in the 80's etc. Before this new migration began.
    Get the DART from Malahide and you might see a different local there.
    You are right about the sport. Interestingly, if you look at a lot of the coaches on the soccer/GAA teams, you will find they are from the new estates, just like the kids. Without them, not all the clubs may have survived.
    Young people binge drinking is a problem in every urban centre, be it London, Dublin, Cork etc. It's a society thing, which hopefully sport might help reduce.
    But just like other towns, we need to get the teens focused on something else other then drink.
    Empty Dutch gold cans and chipper bags can be found in most towns, but it might seem more evident in Skerries simply because the streets are generally clean.
    The elderly people of the town are great - you are spot on there.
    Any town big on rugby will have that rugby feel to it. Try the southside, and you'll see it first hand. In fact, Skerries has a much more watered down version of it, probably due to all the other sports available.
    Skerries, just like most Irish towns has a good mix of backgrounds, which adds to the variety of life.
    I will conclude by requoting your closing comment - 'All in all, I love the town and it has some great people. But like with any town. it has it's flaws.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭rferguson

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Unfortunately Tommy's is being sold and will be closing on the 30th Dec. :(

Its not being sold they are just renewing the lease for it. still a pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 seascape

Skerries ?

It's all grand but I have a tip ? It's keep as far away from The Mourne View estate in Skerries as you can.

Before you jump on me , I'd ask you to take a look at the court reports in The Fingal Independent which show week after week residents of Mourne view in trouble with Gardai. Some of it pretty mad stuff.
    I have seen burnt out cars up there. I have seen gangs of youths running around late at night killing each other.

Obviously not everyone in Mourne View is like this. There are some really nice people up there who I'm friends with.
    If you buy a new house in Skerries, chances are its in very close proximity to Mourne View.
    Most of the problems in places like Skerries Rock and Kelly's Bay originate from links to Mourne View which is near-by.
    If you're not from Skerries you wouldn't have a clue moving in but you'd find out pretty quick.
    Apart from that Skerries is great and as for GAA it's particularly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I live in Balbriggan and had very little to do with Skerries until I was lucky enough to get a place for my kids in a school there.
    Its nice, by that I mean I can see a difference.
    In the old school parents would meet up and chat at the school gate, I find in skerries there is a lot of aupairs, so not so much chat.Which can be nice as there is no, living in each others pockets.Do I make sense.
    Skerries seem to have a greener , way of thinking.So not so much of litter.There is DEFFINITLY a air of greatness.People always ask ,"what do you do" and are bemused when I answer, I am a slave, I work for my kids.I don't have a cleaner, aupair or lunch dates???
    Another example, was my daughter got a pair of UGGs style boots from Dunnes Stores, she was asked in school are they real Uggs.She just looked at the person and said yeah, they are real ,.Later she asked me what they meant , a boot is a boot?I had to explain to here about Desinger trends.
    Shes 11 , and had not really come across this before. In her old school she could have gone to school in her slippers and no one would notice.
    anyway.
    Where ever you decide to go I hope you will be very happy.
    cathy

Wow Cathy - You'd almost think that the school was in Malibu or Knightsbridge. There may be a few childminders picking up kids from school, but "lots of au pairs"? - I think not.

Any time I've picked up Hill Billy Jr I from school I've met mostly local mums & dads, but only the odd childminder. I've also enjoyed having a good ol' natter with them too. I've also never asked someone I don't know "What do you do?" Maybe I'm not as damn nosey as other Skerriesfolk? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

In the old school parents would meet up and chat at the school gate, I find in skerries there is a lot of aupairs, so not so much chat.Which can be nice as there is no, living in each others pockets.Do I make sense.

Oh come ON - there may be some childminders picking up children at the school but the vast majority seem to be Mums and Dads (and a few grannies).
    People always ask ,"what do you do" and are bemused when I answer, I am a slave, I work for my kids.I don't have a cleaner, aupair or lunch dates???

I'm sure they do look bemused at such a peculiar answer - I certainly would.

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Hi Hauk,

*waves to Rashers*
    I moved into one of those new estates in Skerries you refer to, simply because I liked Skerries, but there was very very housing stock available in the late 90's/early 2000. In fact when I went looking, the most expensive houses were the older houses. Better value to be had in the new estates.

Yeah, the new estates are nice. I was just commenting on what I noticed growing up here. Glad to have ya here ^^,
    Skerries in still fairly mixed, and this 'posh' aspect you refer to is not at all widespread, especially when compared to the likes of Malahide.
    I have never heard about this new crowd being 'posh'. In fact in my experiences on the train the posh crowd are the college kids in their 20's, who are all from the older parts of Skerries.

True, my mistake for not differentiating between the two. I suppose I was wrong in saying it was the adults guilty of it, it mostly is the college kids. Which is ironic seeing that I am in my 20's and in college. :)
    Those in their late 20's - late 30's are by and large very hard working office etc. workers, who struggle to pay high mortgages/creche fee's etc. They like were they live, and are proud of the town. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a nice town, and eveyone takes pride in the tidy towns awards etc., as they start in the community.

I couldn't agree more. And I never said they didn't work hard, it's just that some of them have embraced a "posh" culture. I fully acknowledge the fact that the majority of them are probably well qualified. :)
    Again the main ones I see on the phones are the college kids, who were born in Skerries in the 80's etc. Before this new migration began.
    Get the DART from Malahide and you might see a different local there.

Yup, already agreed with you on that point, although I have and still see people in their late 20's, early 30's up to it. Not saying that I don't mind people organising lunch or dinner or a meeting or whatnot, it's just the "announce it to everyone on the train that your having lunch in a fancy restaurant" attitude that gets me.
    You are right about the sport. Interestingly, if you look at a lot of the coaches on the soccer/GAA teams, you will find they are from the new estates, just like the kids. Without them, not all the clubs may have survived.

Your right on the point that the young kids are fuelling the new sports clubs, and your right in saying that without them the clubs wouldn't survive. But I was merely commenting on the fact that for the non-sporting types, there is very little to do in the town. I wasn't trying to justify bringing an end to these clubs :P Hell if it keeps the kids off the streets, I'm all for them(and I am all fro them ;) ). :D
    Young people binge drinking is a problem in every urban centre, be it London, Dublin, Cork etc. It's a society thing, which hopefully sport might help reduce.
    But just like other towns, we need to get the teens focused on something else other then drink.

True on all points, and I was commenting on the situation in Skerries.
    Empty Dutch gold cans and chipper bags can be found in most towns, but it might seem more evident in Skerries simply because the streets are generally clean.

Good point. But just to clear this up, the route I take from my house to work takes me across an open green, through Texaco, down the Dublin Road, through the Community centre, and then on through work. If you look at the side alleyway through Texaco and behind the Community Centre on a Saturday morning, the situation is the same. I was commenting on that aspect, and I suppose I was wrong in using a sweeping statement like "I see the place littered with..". It's those particular areas that I notice are affected.
    The elderly people of the town are great - you are spot on there.

Yup they kick ass :)
    Any town big on rugby will have that rugby feel to it. Try the southside, and you'll see it first hand. In fact, Skerries has a much more watered down version of it, probably due to all the other sports available.

Yes thats true, it is very watered down. But for someone like me, it's incredibly noticable. I like to watch rugby, it's a good sport, but I have noticed it develop into a counter culture in and of itself. And again, I was just trying to give the OP a feel of what it was like to live in Skerries. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I've grown tired of it all being associated with "poshness" and how a lot of people have developed this into the norm.. Hence why I *sighed* in my post.
    Skerries, just like most Irish towns has a good mix of backgrounds, which adds to the variety of life.

Yup yup, it does indeed and I love it. Although there are a *lot* more rugger buggers around ;) *joke* ;)

I suppose this may help the OP, so I'll list a few of the main *cliques* in Skerries:

1) Sport - As has been discussed.
    2) Music - A big thing here. This breaks down into bajillions of sub-cliques like rock, metal, rap, indie etc etc.
    3) There's another one that goes here.. but i can't remember it.. I'll post it when I do.
    I will conclude by requoting your closing comment - 'All in all, I love the town and it has some great people. But like with any town. it has it's flaws.'

Indeed.

Thanks for responding! :)

Hauk

Song of the Day: Empire Falls - Primordial

Hopefully someone from Skerries will get that Song of the Day reference :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I grew up in Balbriggan so i may be biased against Skerries people.

Seems to me Balbriggan evolved differently.
    Balbriggan has taken the urban route complete with minority ghettoes (in progress).
    Everything in Balbriggan is taller and it smells similar to the city centre (a mixture of carbon monoxide and vomit)
    Skerries has gone for the fake village for office working commuters route (it used to be a real village).

Only time will tell which will be the bigger $hithole.

Either way as a Balbrigganer, move to Skerries and the best i can wish you is a quick death ;)

kowloon wrote: »
    Seems to me Balbriggan evolved differently.
    Balbriggan has taken the urban route complete with minority ghettoes (in progress).
    Everything in Balbriggan is taller and it smells similar to the city centre (a mixture of carbon monoxide and vomit)
    Skerries has gone for the fake village for office working commuters route (it used to be a real village).

The only thing you need to realise is that Balbriggan is/was an industrial town with the main road from Dublin to Belfast going through which has/had totally lead to it's shaping, whereas Skerries was never influenced by so much industry, nor was it as effect by traffic as much, it was more of a resort town compare to industrious Balbriggan.

This deep routed history of both towns are still the foundations on which the town are continuing to evolve today.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    The only thing you need to realise is that Balbriggan is/was an industrial town with the main road from Dublin to Belfast going through which has/had totally lead to it's shaping, whereas Skerries was never influenced by so much industry, nor was it as effect by traffic as much, it was more of a resort town compare to industrious Balbriggan.

This deep routed history of both towns are still the foundations on which the town are continuing to evolve today.

You've spoiled my fun completely. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Fingalgal

Saw this thread and had to register. I grew up in Skerries. Moved out when I was 20 for the city lights. Now in my 30's and looking to move back. Great town to grow up in.

As for this posh business; that has been around for as long as I can remember , especialy between the Balbriggan heads and ourselvees. Does my head in because I really don't know where they are getting that idea from. People from Skerries are not posh, just happy and proud to live in a such a nice place.

I would have to agree however that the accent has changed over the last number of years. The teens and 20 somethings do speak with a more "refined" accent than we ever did. But as Dave McWilliams points out in "The Popes Children", this "Malahidict", is widespread throughout Ireland with many local accents dying out.

Anyway good luck with your decision. I am certainly going to move back there.

Song of the Day: Empire Falls - Primordial

Hopefully someone from Skerries will get that Song of the Day reference :P
    The reference to a "monument" maybe?
    Fingalgal wrote:
    People from Skerries are not posh, just happy and proud to live in a such a nice place.
    Nail on the head.
    kowloon wrote:
    You make it sound like Skerriesfolk had a sekrit 'fake-village factory' & while the rest of Fingal was asleep we nicked the old one, sold it for wads of cash to some super-rich Oirish American & left the 'fake' village in its place coz the Skerries n00bs would be too stupid to notice the switch. *

Skerries still has a village feel to it in that there are no large residential or commercial developments looming over the older buildings down town. The business premises, by & large, are dotted around & not concentrated in a single area & are interspersed with residential buildings.

* We had to pay Lego an absolute fortune for the fake limestone blocks for the Monument, never mind the wads of cash handed over to Airfix for the life-size models of yachts & trawlers down in the harbour. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

:)

Any time I've picked up Hill Billy Jr I from school I've met mostly local mums & dads, but only the odd childminder. I've also enjoyed having a good ol' natter with them too. I've also never asked someone I don't know "What do you do?" Maybe I'm not as damn nosey as other Skerriesfolk? ;)
    Well, as has been mentioned already, you're only just barely "Skerries folk" :)

You make it sound like Skerriesfolk had a sekrit 'fake-village factory' & while the rest of Fingal was asleep we nicked the old one, sold it for wads of cash to some super-rich Oirish American & left the 'fake' village in its place coz the Skerries n00bs would be too stupid to notice the switch.

Feckit, does everyone know?
    I suppose you know about the deep underground colour coordinated scumbag training facility in Balbriggan aswell ;)

I'll be sending a team of highly trained tracksuit ninjas to silence you and everyone else that dares to read this thread :D

Bah! We'll sort them out good & proper with a few good belts of our Snobbery-batons! (Made from mahogany With ivory inlay & polished by peasant-girls from the Bog O'The Ring!) :D

Back on topic - Why come to Skerries?

If for no other reason than to spend balmy summer evenings drinking pint bottles of Bulmers & watching the sun set over the Blackhills. Ahhh...

• Advertisement

Yes, the summer of '95 was nice, all right....

The reference to a "monument" maybe?
    [/SIZE]

Well the word monument is in the song :P

Hauk

Well the word monument is in the song :P

Hauk
    Go on, do tell.

Go on, do tell.

Okey doke :P

Primordial Wiki page

Primordial Myspace page

The sad thing is, every time I mention this band to someone from Skerries, they look at me like I have two heads. haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Fingalgal

The sad thing is, every time I mention this band to someone from Skerries, they look at me like I have two heads. haha.

Well thats cause if you are a metler you probably do have two. Need all that hair to hide it. LOL. :D Never heard of them. But there ya go. Learn something new everyday.

• Advertisement

Fingalgal wrote: »
    Well thats cause if you are a metler you probably do have two. Need all that hair to hide it. LOL. :D Never heard of them. But there ya go. Learn something new everyday.

Yup, and proud! :D Although my hairs all gone now. *sigh* I do miss it :p

Hauk

Fingalgal wrote: »
    Never heard of them. But there ya go. Learn something new everyday.
    +1

Okey doke :P

Primordial Wiki page

Primordial Myspace page

I know a couple of those guys to see alright. If nobody's heard of them maybe they should think about getting on to their record company's marketing department. Or maybe arrange a local gig? - upstairs in Joe's is a good spot. They could advertise it in the Parish Bulletin. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I know a couple of those guys to see alright. If nobody's heard of them maybe they should think about getting on to their record company's marketing department. Or maybe arrange a local gig? - upstairs in Joe's is a good spot. They could advertise it in the Parish Bulletin. ;)

Bit of a step down from their upcoming gig in tbmc on Saturday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

They could advertise it in the Parish Bulletin. ;)

How much does it cost? I have played in Shags, Joes, and Tommys, love the people there, so would be interested in getting more work out that way.

DJ Spider

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    How much does it cost? I have played in Shags, Joes, and Tommys, love the people there, so would be interested in getting more work out that way.

DJ Spider
    Dude - I was joking. They are a 'black metal' band.
    Black Metal:
    "...an extreme heavy metal subgenre. It is typically sonically characterized by the use of heavily-distorted guitars, high-pitched shrieking vocals, fast-paced rhythms and melodies, and unconventional song structures."

Not really the kind of music advertised in a parish bulletin, eh?

Try advertising in Skerries News or the Fingal Indo.

Oobie wrote: »
    Bit of a step down from their upcoming gig in tbmc on Saturday!!!

LOL! So true. I'd say their days of playing in Skerries are over. But if they want to shock us all :rolleyes:

Seeing them tomorrow :cool: :D

Advertisement