Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries-whats it like to live in

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hauk wrote: »
    Song of the Day: Empire Falls - Primordial

Hopefully someone from Skerries will get that Song of the Day reference :P
    The reference to a "monument" maybe?
    Fingalgal wrote:
    People from Skerries are not posh, just happy and proud to live in a such a nice place.
    Nail on the head.
    kowloon wrote:
    Skerries has gone for the fake village for office working commuters route (it used to be a real village).
    You make it sound like Skerriesfolk had a sekrit 'fake-village factory' & while the rest of Fingal was asleep we nicked the old one, sold it for wads of cash to some super-rich Oirish American & left the 'fake' village in its place coz the Skerries n00bs would be too stupid to notice the switch. *

Skerries still has a village feel to it in that there are no large residential or commercial developments looming over the older buildings down town. The business premises, by & large, are dotted around & not concentrated in a single area & are interspersed with residential buildings.

* We had to pay Lego an absolute fortune for the fake limestone blocks for the Monument, never mind the wads of cash handed over to Airfix for the life-size models of yachts & trawlers down in the harbour. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Hill Billy wrote: »

Any time I've picked up Hill Billy Jr I from school I've met mostly local mums & dads, but only the odd childminder. I've also enjoyed having a good ol' natter with them too. I've also never asked someone I don't know "What do you do?" Maybe I'm not as damn nosey as other Skerriesfolk? ;)
    Well, as has been mentioned already, you're only just barely "Skerries folk" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You make it sound like Skerriesfolk had a sekrit 'fake-village factory' & while the rest of Fingal was asleep we nicked the old one, sold it for wads of cash to some super-rich Oirish American & left the 'fake' village in its place coz the Skerries n00bs would be too stupid to notice the switch.

Feckit, does everyone know?
    I suppose you know about the deep underground colour coordinated scumbag training facility in Balbriggan aswell ;)

I'll be sending a team of highly trained tracksuit ninjas to silence you and everyone else that dares to read this thread :D

Bah! We'll sort them out good & proper with a few good belts of our Snobbery-batons! (Made from mahogany With ivory inlay & polished by peasant-girls from the Bog O'The Ring!) :D

Back on topic - Why come to Skerries?

If for no other reason than to spend balmy summer evenings drinking pint bottles of Bulmers & watching the sun set over the Blackhills. Ahhh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Yes, the summer of '95 was nice, all right....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

The reference to a "monument" maybe?
    [/SIZE]

Well the word monument is in the song :P

Hauk

Well the word monument is in the song :P

Hauk
    Go on, do tell.

Go on, do tell.

Okey doke :P

Primordial Wiki page

Primordial Myspace page

The sad thing is, every time I mention this band to someone from Skerries, they look at me like I have two heads. haha.

Hauk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Fingalgal

The sad thing is, every time I mention this band to someone from Skerries, they look at me like I have two heads. haha.

Well thats cause if you are a metler you probably do have two. Need all that hair to hide it. LOL. :D Never heard of them. But there ya go. Learn something new everyday.

• Advertisement

Fingalgal wrote: »
    Well thats cause if you are a metler you probably do have two. Need all that hair to hide it. LOL. :D Never heard of them. But there ya go. Learn something new everyday.

Yup, and proud! :D Although my hairs all gone now. *sigh* I do miss it :p

Hauk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Fingalgal wrote: »
    Never heard of them. But there ya go. Learn something new everyday.
    +1

Okey doke :P

Primordial Wiki page

Primordial Myspace page

I know a couple of those guys to see alright. If nobody's heard of them maybe they should think about getting on to their record company's marketing department. Or maybe arrange a local gig? - upstairs in Joe's is a good spot. They could advertise it in the Parish Bulletin. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I know a couple of those guys to see alright. If nobody's heard of them maybe they should think about getting on to their record company's marketing department. Or maybe arrange a local gig? - upstairs in Joe's is a good spot. They could advertise it in the Parish Bulletin. ;)

Bit of a step down from their upcoming gig in tbmc on Saturday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

They could advertise it in the Parish Bulletin. ;)

How much does it cost? I have played in Shags, Joes, and Tommys, love the people there, so would be interested in getting more work out that way.

DJ Spider

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    How much does it cost? I have played in Shags, Joes, and Tommys, love the people there, so would be interested in getting more work out that way.

DJ Spider
    Dude - I was joking. They are a 'black metal' band.
    Black Metal:
    "...an extreme heavy metal subgenre. It is typically sonically characterized by the use of heavily-distorted guitars, high-pitched shrieking vocals, fast-paced rhythms and melodies, and unconventional song structures."

Not really the kind of music advertised in a parish bulletin, eh?

Try advertising in Skerries News or the Fingal Indo.

Oobie wrote: »
    Bit of a step down from their upcoming gig in tbmc on Saturday!!!

LOL! So true. I'd say their days of playing in Skerries are over. But if they want to shock us all :rolleyes:

Seeing them tomorrow :cool: :D

Advertisement