Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

k800i sat nav question

• 05-12-2007 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im thinking of getting the k800i. I had a look on some forums (english) and it seems you can load on free sat nav software called nav4all.com.

Now they seem to talk about a gprs reciever unit on k800 did the k800i model get this inbuilt anyone actually using the software. the question really is if i buy it will i need to buy the reciever for it.

Any other phone same as the k800i specs and has sat nav so i can compare prices.

thanks for looking.
    M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

yes, you need to buy a reciever. try www.mobilefun.co.uk for the "navicore slim" pretty good value.

Having said that, using Nav4All is going to cost on your bill as it downloads maps as you go, so make sure you have a decent data plan.

It would be best to find someone with a reciever first and try this out. Not all networks support connection to the Nav4all maps server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

You need a bluetooth GPS reciever and software on the phone like Nav4all, to get GPS working on your K800i
    BUT you also incur data charges as the java app will have to go online to get the maps for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

right. is there any solution that saves the map in the memory? or is that a silly Q?

any phone have the reciever buit in. and can store maps in memory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

mjquinno wrote: »
    right. is there any solution that saves the map in the memory? or is that a silly Q?

any phone have the reciever buit in. and can store maps in memory?

Nokia N95

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Nokia N95

cool thanks for that. Is thee a freeware solution available or is it best just to buy and application.

Would i be spending a lot on connection to gprs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

If you're not in a hurry, there's also the N82 which is due out in the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

mjquinno wrote: »
    cool thanks for that. Is thee a freeware solution available or is it best just to buy and application.

Would i be spending a lot on connection to gprs?

Nokia Maps comes pre-installed ready to go. You just download the map loader from the Nokia website to your pc, connect the phone via cable, fire up the map loader and select the map you want. The program downloads the map and saves it to your memory card. Thats it. You get a 2 gig card with the phone.

You can set Nokia maps on the phone to 'never connect to the network' then you never connect to the mobile network so no charges. It works solely from the memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

There's also the 6110n

eamon234 wrote: »
    There's also the 6110n

interesting. thanks. ill have a look at some reviews. Mike

Advertisement