Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Away on holidays, where can i leave my bearded dragon??

Options
  • 05-12-2007 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Heading away for a few days. Can't really expect the housemates to feed him! they're happy to look at a distance but thats it! any1 know of anyone/where that'll take him??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Where did you buy him??

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

Orchard garden centre. they said they'd take him if they have room but if not i'm fooked

If i was you id ring or call into a few of the other pet shops around and ask nicely, see if you can get a definate answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 reptileguy16

ben in reptile haven does a reptile minding service. try ring him or drop in for a chat with him. the beardie will be ok if left for no more than a week without food or water. just feed it before you go and let it soak in a bath for 20 mins and give it some juicy lettuce leafs sprayed with water the day before you go. leave a few crickets loose in the tank and a few wax worms in a dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

ben in reptile haven does a reptile minding service. try ring him or drop in for a chat with him. the beardie will be ok if left for no more than a week without food or water. just feed it before you go and let it soak in a bath for 20 mins and give it some juicy lettuce leafs sprayed with water the day before you go. leave a few crickets loose in the tank and a few wax worms in a dish.

I never knew any of that! I'm only away for 4 days so thats great news! Thanks a million. I've never had bathed him before cause i was afraid he'd be affected by the water temp or that he might not be able to. Whats the deal with that??

• Advertisement

hamnegg wrote: »
    I never knew any of that! I'm only away for 4 days so thats great news! Thanks a million. I've never had bathed him before cause i was afraid he'd be affected by the water temp or that he might not be able to. Whats the deal with that??

Washing them every now and then does them no harm, once the water is luke warm. it also can help them when there sheding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Yeah, Reptile Haven does a reptile boarding service, my green iggy Harvey Headbanger trashed the interior of one of tanks in there, he pulled down all the bark backing in the tank, that was a few years ago now the same tank would be a tight squueze for him. I'd recommend them, got 8 of my ten adult snakes there

Advertisement