Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees??

Options
  • 05-12-2007 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Does anyone know where they are selling Christmas trees. I bought mine at the entrance to the Fairways last year but it doesn't look like the guy is set up there this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

at the Meridian Point and also at Blacklion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Why not make a day out of it. Up at the Pet Cemetary in Enniskerry there is a little forest run by a farmer that you can wander around, choose a tree and get them to cut it down for you.

Get better trees that last longer that are cheaper than most roadsides. Plus, it is a great laugh with the kids!

Only a thought for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

got mine 2day at the one at blacklion the guys lovely €35 for a tree and then a fiver for local delivery he even cut off some of the end of ours because it was too wide! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

is it a big tree or scrawny?

i'm in bray and i can't remember my paretns had a real tree but we're getting one this year!!! i'm so excited!!

not too big not too small is perfect now! pear shaped! haha went a bit lopsided (or is is lobsided i never know!) in the car on the way home tho just turned it around tho! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

do the guys at Meridian or Blacklion deliever?

blacklion do for €5 locally

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Really nice guy last year at the Fairways was one of the foreman for Brian Durcan in the Park and Grove, he came a lot later/nearer to Christmas. He lives not too far away Co. WW so might be back!? While getting my hair done, I watched great looking trees being deliverd to the (fantastic I think) fruit and veg shop, "Nikkis" in Kilcoole. They looked like really nice ones but I had got mine in Superquinn 3 weeks ago!!! (which 2 of my (lovely) neighbours were highly amused by the timing and tried to steal it from the garden as a joke, but it was too heavy and couldn't so moved everything around the garden, bin, plants, pots a few days running instead....really freaked me out until they told me...still planning my revenge!!!!!) :D;)::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Got ours last year in Delgany for 25 euro.

Actually, it only seems recent since I was bringing it to the beach carpark to get recycled... time really flys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

The guy in between The Fairways and Seabourne View won't be back. He never got permission from the management co. and there was a bit of a fuss caused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

abwood do christmas trees they are advertised on the radio for 30 euro any size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

what is and where is Abwood??

Sorry i'm from bray, the only place i know that has trees by me is tesco and they looked crappy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Abwood is on the N11, just after the turn off for the Newtonmountkennedy heading south.

Also there is a Coilte place in Glenealy that lets you select your tree

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

wingding wrote: »
    The guy in between The Fairways and Seabourne View won't be back. He never got permission from the management co. and there was a bit of a fuss caused.

He was supposed to set up there last week but 2 old dears in the fairways complained, he is at the entrance to Jackie Skellys and is a proper gentleman. Ask him for a discount and he will look after you too.

ah is that what all the fairy lights up there are for? i was wondering that when i was going into work earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Wineman wrote: »
    He was supposed to set up there last week but 2 old dears in the fairways complained, he is at the entrance to Jackie Skellys and is a proper gentleman. Ask him for a discount and he will look after you too.

I agree, he was foreman on the park and such a nice gentleman, so helpful..what is his name again?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

Let's, just clarify this once and for all. NO FUSS, NO HASSLE.

He brought a little Christmas cheer to the whole of Charlesland - selling trees right on our doorstep and even had a free delivery service too.
    I agree with the subsequent comments after wingdings ridiculous ones, this man is a real gent.

Unfortunately Scrooge has appeared this year and has forced him to go up to the JS roundsabout. Apparently some committee member took exception, whether this is true or not, bottom line, Xmas trees are sold in lanes, carparks, roads - it's simply a part of what this time of year is all about.

To those who pushed this gent away to JS -BAA Humbug to you!

:( my dad paid 4 one there 2day and it was never delivered hes gonna go back 2moro tho i think!

kateos2 wrote: »
    :( my dad paid 4 one there 2day and it was never delivered hes gonna go back 2moro tho i think!

IT's deja vu......... this moaners were going about this guy exactly the same time last year!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055027119&highlight=christmas

im not moaning about him im just saying its annoying he didnt deliver it for all i know he could deliver it first thing 2moro morning there might have been a problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

How much are they?

dubrunner wrote: »
    Let's, just clarify this once and for all. NO FUSS, NO HASSLE.

He brought a little Christmas cheer to the whole of Charlesland - selling trees right on our doorstep and even had a free delivery service too.
    I agree with the subsequent comments after wingdings ridiculous ones, this man is a real gent.

Unfortunately Scrooge has appeared this year and has forced him to go up to the JS roundsabout. Apparently some committee member took exception, whether this is true or not, bottom line, Xmas trees are sold in lanes, carparks, roads - it's simply a part of what this time of year is all about.

To those who pushed this gent away to JS -BAA Humbug to you!

Let me just get this straight dunrunner, before you go humping to conclusions, oh sorry you already did. I never said I had a problem with him. I got my tree from him last year and thought he was lovely. I also thought the people making a fuss were being petty.

I do however think after last year he should have come to the management committee and asked could he set up there. After all, we are the ones who own that land. I'd have had no problem with him coming back but I do think you should ask the people who own the land before you use it.

Oh and another thing, lanes and roads are not privately owned. The apartment complex carpark is.

Let me just get this straight dunrunner, before you go humping to conclusions, oh sorry you already did. I never said I had a problem with him. I got my tree from him last year and thought he was lovely. I also thought the people making a fuss were being petty.

I do however think after last year he should have come to the management committee and asked could he set up there. After all, we are the ones who own that land. I'd have had no problem with him coming back but I do think you should ask the people who own the land before you use it.

Oh and another thing, lanes and roads are not privately owned. The apartment complex carpark is.

Well if you were fine last year, why move him on this year.

Practise what you preach.

Again bah humbug - where is your Christmas Spirit???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Yeah it's a pity he had to go up to Jacky Skellys. It was much more convenient outside the Fairways. I felt sorry for some poor lad who was struggling while trying to carry a tree down the road towards Charlesland in the wind yesterday!! :D Did he work for Zapi? They seem to still have a very strong say in the running of Seabourne - altering the carpark layout to create a new entrance to their new Social and Affordable housing complex through Seabourne? :mad:

(That topic is probably for a different thread)

Anyway, Christmas tree's. Isn't it a little too early yet? Always though the 14th was time enough for them.

dubrunner wrote: »
    Well if you were fine last year, why move him on this year.

Practise what you preach.

Again bah humbug - where is your Christmas Spirit???

Would you please read the posts. I personally did not send him on. Where exactly did I say that I did?

I also never said I wasn't fine about it this year either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DaGaffer

Allright lads I currently sell a few Xmas trees from my back garden but please don't say it to the management committee. Anyone interested?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

As far as I am aware he is not doing deliveries for some reason. The huge christmas tree that was in front of the Crescent apartments last year was put up by him as a thank you for allowing him to sell the trees on the estate. Amazing that 2 oul biddies can stop a guy providing a service to the community and making a few bob for his family, bah humbug is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

It's such a shame the big tree isn't there this year. It was lovely seeing it going / coming home.

We get our tree from the Coillte office in Newtown (Christmas Tree Farm). Beautiful trees starting at 40. Nice if you have kids. They give you a baby tree to plant to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Dubrunner, please remember that while it's all well and good to say it's Christmas and therefore anyone who disagrees with your opinion must therefore be Scrooge, it is important to remember that you might not be so filled with festive cheer if someone was to set up shop in your driveway.

That said, it's good to know he's still nearby. Our tree last year was lovely (and too big, but that's hardly his fault) and lasted the whole way to 6th Jan without much shedding. We'll probably pop up to him later in the week for our tree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

I got mine from him today - an absolute beaut of a tree and gorgeous smell ! The dogs were intrigued, I think they were under the impression that Delgany wood had moved in.

The guy selling the trees is a PET - he was limping and on crutches, so of course I nicknamed him Tiny Tim, for the season thats in it - he loved it, got a great laugh out of it and kept me chatting for aaaaaaaaaaaaages. He was telling me that the bucket of a JCB fell on his foot. It was nearly severed, was left hanging on by a couple of tendons, and a surgical plate was used to reattach his foot.

He also gave me the lowdown on the car park but long story short, he is happy to have found an alternative. :)

Advertisement