Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Dubrunner, please remember that while it's all well and good to say it's Christmas and therefore anyone who disagrees with your opinion must therefore be Scrooge, it is important to remember that you might not be so filled with festive cheer if someone was to set up shop in your driveway.

That said, it's good to know he's still nearby. Our tree last year was lovely (and too big, but that's hardly his fault) and lasted the whole way to 6th Jan without much shedding. We'll probably pop up to him later in the week for our tree.

Thanks for the support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

Dubrunner, please remember that while it's all well and good to say it's Christmas and therefore anyone who disagrees with your opinion must therefore be Scrooge, it is important to remember that you might not be so filled with festive cheer if someone was to set up shop in your driveway.

That said, it's good to know he's still nearby. Our tree last year was lovely (and too big, but that's hardly his fault) and lasted the whole way to 6th Jan without much shedding. We'll probably pop up to him later in the week for our tree.

Where he sold was no ones driveway Mr. Dragon.

It was in the middle of the fairways up where that temporary building used to be. you can't even park there normally.

I thought as the moderator you'd naturally be full of plenty of cheer this Christmas!

It's such a shame the big tree isn't there this year. It was lovely seeing it going / coming home.

We get our tree from the Coillte office in Newtown (Christmas Tree Farm). Beautiful trees starting at 40. Nice if you have kids. They give you a baby tree to plant to.

We'e all missing the big Christmas tree. It was great for all the kids of Charlesland.

If he comes back, I'd say he'd put it up - it literally lights up the whole neighbourhood!

wingding wrote: »
    Thanks for the support!

Thanks for the no support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

dubrunner wrote: »
    Where he sold was no ones driveway Mr. Dragon.

It was in the middle of the fairways up where that temporary building used to be. you can't even park there normally.

I thought as the moderator you'd naturally be full of plenty of cheer this Christmas!
    True, he wasn't in people's parking slots, but his customers were using them.

Unfortunately for you all, as the thread about the Christmas Lights would have highlighted, I'm not really a big fan of Christmas (although I do enjoy all the free drinks receptions) and therefore not easily disposed to writing stuff off as "It's Christmas".

As for Chritmas cheer, Eoin_s is the cheerful one. He also told me last week that if anyone is looking for a volunteer to dress as Santa for kids' parties, he's your man.

• Advertisement

dubrunner wrote: »
    Thanks for the no support!

Dubrunner, I think you should go up and invite him to set up on the green in Charlesland. Yes he did put up a tree but he did not put it up where the apartments are. No-one ever said in this post that they did not want him there. Simply that you should ask someone if you want to use their property.

Why don't you stop and read before you reply. Actually maybe I should've put that first, you probably didn't read this far.....

Oh and his trees were actually in parking slots. A few residents with vans tend to park here. There are also insurance issues associated with these kind of things if the land is privately owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

I dropped up to Christmas tree man, Mick, tonight - I told him that I had heard he was back from reading this thread. He said he had a computer at home, but still in the box so I said I would print this thread out and drop it up to him, he would get such a laugh about it that so many were talking about him!! think he will want to learn how to use his computer!!! Poor him, he is really struggling with the crutches. ;)

wingding wrote: »
    Oh and his trees were actually in parking slots. A few residents with vans tend to park here. There are also insurance issues associated with these kind of things if the land is privately owned.

Wingding, you should pop up to poor old Mick today and tell him we want him back and then he might even put up a huge tree for all of us Charlesland/Fairways residents!

With his huge tree with lights, and the actual stall selling trees, it'll bring plenty of festive cheer to our area!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

You are right Dubrunner. We should ask him down to a more convenient location. Maybe outside your house? Where in Charlesland are you living again? There must be a green area near you where he can set up shop. I'm sure he'd put up a tree for you when he is there! :D

• Advertisement

You are right Dubrunner. We should ask him down to a more convenient location. Maybe outside your house? Where in Charlesland are you living again? There must be a green area near you where he can set up shop. I'm sure he'd put up a tree for you when he is there! :D[/QUOTE

bag of coal for you future plans!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jenc

You can haggle with him on the price depending on the size of the tree you're looking for. Myself and my Boyfriend got a really good deal Tree and wreath for the door for €20 but that's cause we know him from when we first moved in to Charlesland.

I can't imagine he's making too much on them so after he put it in the stand and everything I gave him a fiver tip anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 yellowdoor

We just got our Christmas tree from him. He was a really nice guy, very helpful. After having just put the whole thing up, it looks great too!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

:Djust printed this out and gave it to Mick - was delighted and v amused - see new thread above - he asked me to put response on this for him.

Advertisement