Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery Prices

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ponygal 100

Kamili wrote: »
    what part of dublin are you in?
    I'm in a fantastic yard in enniskerry not too far from south dublin with lots of happy owners and horses!
    drop me a pm!

sorry how do i pm i only joined 2day lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

Ponygal I recently was in your position and found Enniskerry stables its listed in the contacts thread on this forum. Really gorgeous and best of everything and its livery only so full attention on livery clients 130 @ week for your pony. Good luck in your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hells

Hi guys, Im a fully qualified AI and will hopefully be working in a yard in Wicklow (fingers crossed interview tomorrow) anyway I have a tb mare who i have worked really hard on reschooling and love her dearly, I need 2 put her in livery as I am currently based in meath and have my own place, I am looking for the cheapest place around and preferably somewhere with some class of an arena, she lives out at the mo so grass would be fine, the place i will b working will be to expensive and I would rather keep her elsewhere, I am obviously quite happy doing all the dirty work after i finish work so preferably half livery, where someone can feed her in the morning....

Im pretty desperate to find somewhere as cheap as possible cuz otherwise i will have to sell her and as you can imagine the market 4 a slow x p2p is not great to say the least and i have really grown attached to her, I would be willing to help out on the yard on my days off so long as i wont b there all day let me know if any1 has any ideas!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eveostick

i go to a stables in dublin and they charge a rediculous 140 a week for a PONYand 150 a week for a horse , the paddocks r crappy and the only good thing about the place is the indoor arena does any1 no of any other yards arround dublin that r any better coz the manager is an a**h*le !!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: also its 80 euro a week to live out for a PONY i dunno wat it is for a horse but its just rediculous nd like i no the yard costs allot to run and upkeep but its not being kept well it looks like the yar is fallin 2 bits

What part of dublin are you in? I heard of a new yard opening in sagart co dublin. Has two out doors x country great hacking and turnout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 selna

my brother has just started running a livery yard just off N11 at beehive , may be too for south but livery DIY is only 30 a week i think. if you want further details send me a line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

We used to do livery for €35 a week but stopped it cause people became too much trouble lol. It was only DIY but I agree some people charge ridiculous prices for DIY and grass.

I can see why Full would be expensive like a lot of work is required for full livery.

Thats very true when I worked in livery we wouldn't touch DIY really its only equipment rental and then you have a phenomenal management nightmare at least with full livery a yard can develop and maintain an ethos of horsemanship standards and I wouldn't use a yard that didn't very obviously display such a thing. Anyway I'm off topic here other than to agree livery can't be cheap and good when it slips under 120 I'd be asking how.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

It rarely does slip under 120 even when it is crap, that is another thing I have found. Some yards know how to charge but are dreadful at carrying out their tasks etc.

Hey you are totally wrong about livery under 120 being suspect(well in my case:D). Im in a livery yard in Saggart Co Dublin, only newly open. Full livery is 100 a week during summer, 110 in winter, 90 for ponies. They do grass up to October (and theres plenty of it) The owners look after horses as if they were there own. The best of care and everything you need. I was in another cheaper yard in south dublin, had a indoor but the care of the horses was terrible:eek:. At least in my new yard I never have to worry bout my horse as I know hes getting 5 star treatment all the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

I Was Paying 130euro In The Summer For Grass Livery 4 Lessons Included,Feed,Horse Ran In!! Winter I Was Paying 140euro Horse Was Stabled All Day, Mucked Out and 4 Lessons!!
    Altough It Was Dear We Were Allowed Up Anyday We Wanted To Ride, Cros Country Was Very Good,Had Indoor and Outdoor!! I recenntly Moved Me Horse To A Field We Rent Only 40euro A Week Now And WIll Be Stabled In The Winter!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I am currently paying €80 a week for a 15.1hh horse. Full livery with walker 6 days a week, turn out if needed, fed, wormed (every 12 weeks), ridden if I need it done, mucking out done, free use of trailor and schooling if needed.

I do consider myself very lucky, I was paying €100 a week for full livery but with no walker, no turn out, was barely ever mucked out, had to worm her myself, no use of trailor and schooling was €50 extra.

I consider myself lucky

I'm in donadea, Rosecottage stables. About 5 mins from Kilcock, 10-15mins from maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Duke1234

Hi Clip Clop,

I'm trying to find a yard around Enniskerry for a friend who is buying a new horse. They do need full livery and the place has to be very knowledgable as the girl is only 14yrs old. Shes very competitive jumping and would hope to have a good arena for jumping where she is going.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

duke1234
    Clip-Clop wrote: »
    i have been hearing of some absolutely outrageous livery prices (€60 for grass ???, friend of mine being charged €140 pw for mediocre full livery in West Dublin) recently and was wondering if its just a Dublin phenomenon?

Without naming the yards interested in seeing what various places around the country are charging for full/diy livery. The two yards I ride out of (no horse of my own though:(), both on south Dublin/Wicklow border charge €120 for full, with very good facilities in one and reasonable facilities + superb hacking in the other. Neither offer diy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ponygal 100

hi em u cud try afew yards actually , theres brookelodge ,steves , the paddocks , killegar, burnans, monestry(bourkes) and highland view lodge , i know brooke lodge has a number of ppl arround the same age and there are afew free stables and an indoor so i would try that first ,let me know if you want any more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 s.behan

I've got my horse in livery in brackna co Kildare and i find the livery very reasonable at €75 for half livery in new stabes with rubber floors, full size flood lit outdoor arena and cross country. Livery includes all hay, feed and bedding. Also horses mucked out, fed, rugs changed and put out in the paddock in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

hi, duke1234, i know of a yard in enniskerry thats starting up, great facilities and good value in comparison to a lot of yards around. good atmosphere and young enough age group. pm me if you want more info!

Bernon's and bourkes in Enniskerry specailise in youngsters i think bourkes is around 145 a week don't know how much bernon's is. i don't know anyhting about the new place Silverfox refers to though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 workaholic2

Great yard in North County Dublin, indoor, outdoor, daily turn out, professional staff..only €95 a week for a horse!! :D:D:D

good roads for hacking, and they have a stubble field too.

have my horse there about a month and shes settled in so well, couldn't find a better yard! PM me if you want the details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 abby1

Im looking for a very cheap livery in Kildare or south west Dublin area.
    For my horse who would be on outdoor livery from february to october and on full indoor livery from november to january. I would need use of arena, tack room and a trailer for shows included in the price.

Hi
    Im in a great yard in west county Dublin, I presume by outdoor livery you mean grass! im not sure if they do grass but the full livery is 90e a week. SJAI sized outdoor and fully secure tack room! its a great yard small but everyone is really nice and the owners look after the horses like their own! Not sure about the use of a horse box but dont think thats a given with most yards.

I know other yards but if you want cheap round Dublin sth will be missing. Basically if you want cheap I know from other yards that you get what you pay for and cant really be picky or expect use to horse box and a tack room!! Im lucky in my current yard we get a lot more than we pay for but took me ages to find this place!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tanzanite

Hi,
    why dont you try leinster lodge in maynooth. Full livery €90 per week with all year round turnout :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 littleirish0049

this can be removed..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

This thread may be of some assistance to you.

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cormilight

hi does anyone have or can you recommend a place to use for grazing livery around south dublin, wicklow, kildare???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 princess_sara

Does anyone know where I might get livery for under €100 per week on the North side of Dublin - pref near Swords? Don't mind if it's DIY, full or grass livery as long as there is somewhere to ride. I've tried the usual riding schools but they are too dear for me. Any help would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 horseygal

hi im looking for cheap livery yard somewhere not to far from bray/wicklow

Please don't drag up threads that are over 3 years old.

You can take a look at the 'Livery yard' thread at the top of the page to see if anywhere there that's in the area you want livery. Or start a new thread.

/Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement