Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modified cars -Photographic Portrait

Options
  • 05-12-2007 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm looking to take portraits of modified cars and their owners.

It's for a college project about possessions/status symbols.

Paticularly, I am looking for a cap-wearing, glanza driving type and also a high-end impreza/evo type, but whoever is interested, give me a shout eithier on boards or email me directly: kens.obrien@gmail.com

I work in Dublin and live in Carlow, so anywhere near there or in-between.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

What do you mean cap-wearing Glanza type? I drive a Glanza and I dont wear a cap and I am by no means a ''scumbag'' or ''chav''. Why do people still have such naive opinions and outlooks on car modifiers? I'm not gonna go off on a rant here but seen as you're doing this for a college project I suggest you do a bit more research on proper car enthusiasts and not your typical stereotype ''boy racer''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

SaxoDuff. I know this is a delicate area, and I do not mean to offend. I am deliberatly portraying stereotypes for the project (Girly car girl, Loaded BMW guy, posh bentley guy, Engineer Range Rover type, Boy Racer etc.). It's not to perpetuate any particular image, it's a college project that I want to be obvious and blatent with, that's why the stereotypes, and lack of subtlety. I am well aware of modders/car types/normal people, one of my friends is maddd into modding his car and he is said normal person and not a chav. It's not to be taken too seriously, and it will have little exposure.

I don't really want this thread to turn into a justification for my first post, so I'd like to leave it there, if you don't mind too much my stereotyping!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Oh okay, Didnt mean to bite your head off man, just went on a bit of a rant!..Good luck with your project!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Hi Zag-
    Your project sounds interesting.
    I suppose I wouldn't mind givin you a picture of my car if you want.
    I'm a bit camera shy myself though, the car's more photogenic anyhow.
    I'll try to help you out if I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

id give you a picture of my car but every time i look at it , it makes me cry.... :mad:

• Advertisement

SaxoDuff wrote: »
    Oh okay, Didnt mean to bite your head off man, just went on a bit of a rant!..Good luck with your project!!

No worries. I understand your sentiment. I think my project may offend more people before I am finished:o
    Hi Zag-
    Your project sounds interesting.
    I suppose I wouldn't mind givin you a picture of my car if you want.
    I'm a bit camera shy myself though, the car's more photogenic anyhow.
    I'll try to help you out if I can.
    Well, as I am stereotyping,:eek: I could bring someone with me, use them as a model in front of your car. I will also take some individual shots of your car and email them onto you so you can have them for yourself. What type of car is it, and where are you living?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

So you want to bring someone with you?
    A "cap wearing Glanza type"?
    Do you intened to photograph my car or steal it? Only jokin...
    I live in Waterford and I'm working in Belfast at the minute so I pass through Carlow quite a bit. The car's a Toyota Supra.
    What sort of project are you doing that you want pictures of cars and there owners? What are you studying?

So you want to bring someone with you?
    A "cap wearing Glanza type"?
    Do you intened to photograph my car or steal it? Only jokin...
    I live in Waterford and I'm working in Belfast at the minute so I pass through Carlow quite a bit. The car's a Toyota Supra.
    What sort of project are you doing that you want pictures of cars and there owners? What are you studying?

hehe:p You never know, the "cap wearing" type might rob it on you, i'll try to talk some sense into him! Actually, I will probably use my 15 year old nephew, so even if he jumped in the driver's seat, I don't think he would know what to do.!

The project title alloted by my tutor is: "Here are a few of my favourite things". It is to be based on people and their possessions, and how we pass judgement on people based on their possessions. The project is to consist of 12 environmental portraits(the person, in their own environment).

I have to do a little practice shooting the style of shot, before I inconvenience you. I need to get my settings right, and location etc. I was thinking if, I drove down to Waterford one of the weekends, that I might get my nephew to pose in front of your car in a car park, or maybe as you pass through Carlow?

I will drop you a messege in a few days to see how you are fixed.

Thanks alot, and I will try my best not to put you out in any way.

Advertisement