Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venus Labs - 24 Hour???

Options
  • 05-12-2007 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, does anyone know are the Venus labs open 24 hours around exam time? Or is there anywhere else on campus open with computer access after the library closes at 11PM? Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

iirc the vacs opened until 12? At one point they were 24hr but not sure if thats still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

At one point it was but I dont think it is anymore. There are a few labs around college that are open all night but your probably not allowed to use them if you dont know about them already. I dont know if im allowed encourage people to use labs that there not supposed to on here (and if everyone knows about them and starts using them then there will probably be a clamp down) so im keeping quiet:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

cooper dont think it would make any difference to him if you did name the labs that are open 24/7 i for one know i have access to one be swipe after 5 o clockk 24/7 and i know of another which i pretty much think is swipe for another department..<- which is hidden in a way... if your in a humanties or business degree i think you pretty much have nowhere after 12 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Im a science course and have no where officially after 12 either but its amazing how many labs are left open/swipe doors arnt working properly. Well last semester anyway I invested in a laptop over CoOp so I dont need to worry about late opening labs anymore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

i would have thought most people who do science or engeneer courses would have their own pc on campus. I for one will be bringing my monster.....

aka no need for the 24 hr labs with the people who would need them most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Comp Sys have their own building and late late access to the 4th year lab when required :)

Or at least they had for us smiliepacmanfd8.gif

Advertisement