Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Modding

Options
  • 05-12-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi..I posted this in the tweaking and modding forum and they suggested here!

I was wondering could anyone point me in the right direction as regards modding a slimline ps2. I don't want to chip it but rather just lash a hard drive in so I can save games/back them up etc.

I have searched in google but to be frank there are so many sites I don't know where to start looking.

I read on one of them that it's an IDE drive and not an SATA drive that you need. Is this true?

Any advice/pointers in the right direction appreciated.

Thanks
    Pyridine

PS I used the search to look for threads already but didn't really find anything. I'd need a step by step guide on how to do this! I also looked on some of the sticky websites with no joy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Pyridine wrote: »
    Hi..I posted this in the tweaking and modding forum and they suggested here!

I was wondering could anyone point me in the right direction as regards modding a slimline ps2. I don't want to chip it but rather just lash a hard drive in so I can save games/back them up etc.

I have searched in google but to be frank there are so many sites I don't know where to start looking.

I read on one of them that it's an IDE drive and not an SATA drive that you need. Is this true?

Any advice/pointers in the right direction appreciated.

Thanks
    Pyridine

PS I used the search to look for threads already but didn't really find anything. I'd need a step by step guide on how to do this! I also looked on some of the sticky websites with no joy!

I think you can get special memorycards now that unlock the ps2 without having to open up or install chips. Check out more info here:
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I think you can get banned for this so take it of before you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

For talking about console modding in a console modding forum?! Surely not! If so, i'll remove my post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Ah ok, I think it is allowed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

Thanks lads!

Yeah when I posted in the tweaking and modding forum they didn't seem to mind!

It'd be a little OTT to start banning people for talking about the subject area of the forum though! :D

Pyridine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

I know lots about XBOX and PSP modding but nothing about PS2 scene at all?

Whats the easiest memcard modchip for PS2? Is this VAST thing vaporware or is it any good? Is it just plug and play?

Advertisement