Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Pulse Phone on Eircom

Options
  • 05-12-2007 12:43pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to get this:

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/retro-telephones/index.html

for my Mam for Christmas.

I know from past experience that you can use UK phones on Eircom if you have the little adapter jack. However, this is a pulse phone which might make a difference. Anyone know if this will work on Eircom, my googling has been fruitless.

(BTW I know it says they only post to the UK mainland on this product but in the past I've gotten them to deliver to the back ass of Connemara on items supposed to be UK only)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

i dont think the pulse dialling is going to be an issue, i actually have one the original ones in my office and it works perfect, only problem is the length of time it takes to dial a number!!! They are super cool, I pulled mine out of an old site, its funny how we all love the retro.

Anyways it should be fine but the technology in those ones arent the same as mine so i cant say for fact.

Eoghan Fla
    Fusion Networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

My gran had a rotary dial phone until pretty recently and it still worked so I don't think you'll have a problem.

Cheers
    Rory

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Cool stuff, I'll chance it. She has a touch tone one as well incase the house catches fire!

Well poo on them. I couldn't convince them to post to Ireland for the phone. I spent all morning on their little chat client. Found it on one other site but they don't ever deliver outside the UK so it looks like I'm stuck.

Fup ya mammy and your fancy tastes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Well poo on them. I couldn't convince them to post to Ireland for the phone. I spent all morning on their little chat client. Found it on one other site but they don't ever deliver outside the UK so it looks like I'm stuck.

Fup ya mammy and your fancy tastes.

Dude surely you know someone in the UK, get them posted there and then over to you? Thats wat i do anyways....

Fla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

FusionNet wrote: »
    Dude surely you know someone in the UK, get them posted there and then over to you? Thats wat i do anyways....
    Me too ... and bizarrely, often even if they do offer postage to Ireland, the combined cost of the two lots of postage (UK->UK + UK->Ireland) is often less than what they charge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

There's plenty of "retro" rotary phones on ebay.. why spend >100euro? (oh wait christmas!)
    I threw out about 5 of them last year, should have sold them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It'll work fine. Just make sure you use an RJ11 to BT adaptor with a capacitor in it otherwise it won't ring.

Old BT phones absolutely need the capacitor.

I got it posted to my friend in Durham who carted it home to Cork. I got my friend in Cork to bring it up with her on her way home for Christmas.

It worked perfectly. I had a few of those adapters knocking about (for some reason they used to always come with Dell computers).

I had tried eBay but they were either really fakey olde-time or antique, making them dearer than this one.

It's a gorgeous phone, lovely and chunky and heavy. It's cool to hear a telephone ringing real bells within.

Thanks for your help peoples.

Advertisement