Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Enniscorthy

Options
  • 05-12-2007 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Tesco are coming to Enniscorthy ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Unlikely, the chamber of commerce are set against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I heard a few months back that Tesco were planning on building near the new Donohoe's garage on the Dublin road, but I don't think that's happening (not sure if it ever was).

With big stores in Wexford, New Ross and Gorey, I doubt they'd have a need for one in Enniscorthy anyway.

I think The L&N Supervalue and Pettit's are already feeling the pinch of the new Dunnes and the Lidl and Aldi stores, a Tesco would surely kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Yeah i heard they were suppose to be going in on the 'town side' of the new BMW garage as well. Just wondering as if you know the area there was a petrol station built in that area and then they closed the site and progressed it no further. Have been passing it for months wondering when it was going to be finished and then someone told me that it was going to be Tesco's Petrol Station as part of their new Enniscorthy Shop and they are waiting on various planning things to happen before they finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Just drove past that site. As far as I can see there's a petrol station being built there at the moment. Dunno if it's Tesco or not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Hasn't noticed the petrol station being built there. I'd doubt it'll be Tesco unless they open a shop too.

• Advertisement

Its there. Just drove past a few days ago and see they have now knocked out the entrance / exits on to the path.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Tesco has already arrived so!. God speed and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

The filling station is being developed by the Kickhams who own the ajoining Quarrypark developement - BMW dealership etc and a substantial landbank in that area. Filling station due to open in summer.

AFAIK there is no Tesco involvement and no planning app has ever been entered for a shopping centre on that site although the speculation continues. (Having recently donated several acres of prime residential developement land to the council for a new cemetary in the area I would say that brownie points may be being built up though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

I heard a rumor that Tesco was moving into the old Dunns Stores. Is there any truth in that?

I could never see Dunnes letting Tescos in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 daithi01

just to add to the rumour mill- the latest i heard was that they are going to locate on the site of the mart on the old dublin road.
    we shall see but the sooner the better wherever they end up.

There is a planning application now mounted across from st. marys grave yard between the site for the new grave yard and that petrol station that is not yet completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 felunia

yep, they are...according to todays Echo they are moving into Blackstoops...planning permission lodged with county hall, apparently 600 jobs to be created..........

Advertisement