Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Building PC

Options
  • 05-12-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi all,

I would like to build my own PC but have never done it before and don't know where to start. My PC decided to blow up last night for no apparent reason at all .

I think i can still salvage some parts, like the case (although I wouldn't mind gettting a new one), DVD drive, floppy. Not sure if the PSU, motherboard, ram, graphics card or processor are fried but need an upgrade anyway.

I have a budget of around 1000 euro but would like to spend as little as possible. I have read the sticky on how to build a PC but need advice on what are the best components for my needs.

I would be aiming to build a PC that would be more geared towards multimedia and maybe gaming. I have checked out some sites, komplett, overclockers etc so any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement