Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much of a mortgage can i get?

Options
  • 05-12-2007 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have recently entered the jobs market and i have a reasonable wage but Im wondering when will i get the chance to look for a mortgage?

How much do banks typically lend to first time buyers? i presume its based on how much you earn and how much savings you have already built up.

I also realistically assume that Ill have to join together with a sibling, or friend otherwise i wont have anywhere near enough to buy anything in Dublin.

Also is it wise to go for a broker or to straight to a big retail bank? should i be looking to build a relationship up with a bank? And how do i go about doing that?

thanks for any help you can give

Advertisement