Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who has an n95? Would you recommend?

• 05-12-2007 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting one for the gf, she's a bit of a technophob. I was reading a couple of reviews and battery life and overall build quality seem to be the most slated.
    What do the owners think? Would you recommend it to someone else? Also, what is the longest the battery has lasted you? (She had a v3 razr when it first came out, battery had her head wrecked!)

Would you recommend the n95? 18 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I've never had a Motorola that didn't have poor standby times.

The firmware upgrade apparently improves battery life and speeds up the camera... but there's still the slider issue, and even with the firmware upgrade odds are the battery life is still not even as good as the afore mentioned Razr.

The 8GB model has better build quality... but the battery life still isn't that great.

I don't think either is the best selection for a technophobe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

what would you recommend then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep I love it and now that it's got updated firmware I love the new speed and extra battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

i voted yes but thats because i like my gadget phones and they dont come more action packed than the n95

5mp camera, gps, wifi, mp3 player - it has everything that you can get in a phone today.

however, i dont think its a 'girl' phone (excuse me, no offence to all the tecnically savvy ladies out there:))

the razor was a very slim phone, maybe you should look at something like the samsung U600 / G600 pic here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 smithdogg AU

its like the best phone around.. but why buy it for your girlfriend if she is a technophob? would be a waste... get her a prada phone or something..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yes, but definitely not for technophobes. She'd be lost.

Good for gadget peeps though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

What's the difference between technophobes and gadget peeps?

There's no punchline, I'm genuinely confused!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

You should buy it, I have had 2 of them before and they are well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I love mine now since I've had time to configure it and tweak it here and there.Brilliant phone and the GPS is awesome with Nokia Sports Tracker for running. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's like a yorkie bar - they're not for girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

land9 wrote: »
    What's the difference between technophobes and gadget peeps?

There's no punchline, I'm genuinely confused!!!

I was thinking that you mixed up the two.

A technophobe is someone who "isn't into all that technology sh1te".

A technophile is someone who is "OMG, its using the RX5 graphics engine?? I didn't think that was hitting phones til like Feb 2008. No Wai!!"

If your gf is in fact a technophobe, the N95 is probably the worst present you could get her for xmas. If she's a technophile its a great present;)

I have the N95 8gb (No Wai!), and I like it.

Oh, technophile or not, as Corm was saying it is a bit of a mans phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

I have one and have to say it's good, the wlan is the best thing about it.

Advertisement