Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you shower?

Options
  • 05-12-2007 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how often you shower as I have moved into a house and the girl showers about twice a week and washes her hair once a week, she thinks I am a clean freak for showering everyday......

So how often do you shower?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Tabby cat wrote: »
    Just wondering how often you shower as I have moved into a house and the girl showers about twice a week

That's pretty disgusting and she must smell.
    The norm is to shower daily, that doesn't make you a clean freak, that just makes you clean. If you have to deal with people on a daily basis then you keep clean out of respect for yourself and them.
    Bet we all know someone who obviously doesn't shower.
    There is one person I dread to see entering my office, for that very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

every day, sometimes twice - in the morning and after the gym later or if i'm going out that night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I shower every day, or every second day sometimes. Twice a week isn't normal as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭strawberrybox

oh my god that is vile her hair must be stuck to her head and she must be a bit musty to say the least- imaging all the dirt that would be on you if you didnt shower every day ok mabye you dont have to wash your hair everyday ( i do cos its short and in a bob) but travelling in and out of work any physical acivitiy that you do during the day and then not to wash!!!!!

the norm is absoutley to shower daily you are so not a clean freak she is just a minger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

I shower once a day - but then again I need to ! but i know people who shower once or twice a week and they certainly dont smell not are they disgusting

It depends on the person not the hygene routine - a lot of dermatologists also believe daily showering to be overkill and can do more harm than good especially if you use a lot of product

Different strokes for different folks - unless you are a bit howard hughes about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Shower & wash my hair every second day usually, obviously if you're going out/have just been out you'd shower etc again.
    Could NEVER wash my hair only once a week...gack!

Tho my dad used to shower every day, sometimes twice, but then he started to smell, something about washing away something on the skin? so he won't *every* day, unless he's been working hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Everyday.... sometimes twice a day depending on what i'm doing

I feel weird if i don't have a shower everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seraphina wrote: »
    every day, sometimes twice - in the morning and after the gym later or if i'm going out that night
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

I'm trying to justify it by going down the road of her body having adpated to her non showering, so hence her body doesn't get all greasy and that.
    But, I cant.

I shower every day, sometimes every second.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Like a previous poster said, it really depends on the person. I would consider 1-2 days to be the norm.

TBH are you just asking a general question, in which case this isn't a PI and I will move the thread. Or does your flatmate smell because of their lack of showering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

i feel unclean now.

I shower about once every two days. Usually straight after boxing or to wake myself up after a long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

biko wrote: »
    +1

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Seraphina wrote: »

+1.
    wash my hair every second day every 3rd if i can get away with it - its mad curly so needs all the natural oils it can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

every second day, basically because i have an afro once my hair dries so it takes ages to make tame it after a shower... there's nothin better than a nice shower in the morning to wale you up or at night before you go to bed...But i love having showers at night during the winter then goin sittin next to the fire with a cup of tea its amazing
    but yea every second day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Every second day hair as is long and thick and a pain in the hole to blowdry. Shower every alternate day but obviously every day if exercising, in the summer, going out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

every morning unless im hung over in which case its that evening when i get out of bed

twice a day if i go to the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Every morning I get up and jump straight into the shower, wash and condition my hair daily, perhaps it is over kill but I feel stinky otherwise!

If I'm heading out I'll probably have another one...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I have at least one per day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Personally every day - sometimes twice if I go out etc. Very occassionally a day might go by that I wouldn't shower but far more often that I would shower twice - so on average just over once a day.

However one of my friends showers only every second day and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Your flatmate is effectively showering every third day. Does she smell? Does she appear unclean? If not then showering every third day might work for her. If she doesn't engage in much physical activity maybe its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I shower every day - sometimes twice - I would feel horrible if I didnt. Twice a week is a bit dirty in my opinion. Eh does this girl have a boyfriend? I pretty much doubt it if her hygiene leaves a lot to be desired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

azezil wrote: »
    Every morning I get up and jump straight into the shower, wash and condition my hair daily, perhaps it is over kill but I feel stinky otherwise!

If I'm heading out I'll probably have another one...

Yea, same as that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

not always every day. 4 times a week is the bare minimum.
    never showered 2x in the same day i dont think unless i got a haircut or something.

I can suggest you just keep making indirect offenses at her rench: "wtf is that smell!?" or pat them on the head and rub your fingers with a look on your face that says I just had sex with a sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Every morning, and I have to wash my hair every day too because it would be stuck to my head otherwise. I don't see anything wrong with people washing every second day but I feel dirty from when I wake up until I have my shower. Yesterday morning I overslept by more than an hour so I only had time for a quick shower and didn't get to wash my hair. I was paranoid for the day, I kept feeling like people were looking at my hair thinking 'when did she last wash that?!', I felt manky.

every morning - to wake up (and to get clean obviously). 2nd shower if playing sport. twice a week sounds gross to me - does she have a boyfriend - he would notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

once a week (whether i need it or not) before mass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I shower roughly every three days, though it depends on the time of year. During the summer it would be almost every day, but during the winter, its about every 3 days. If I have been exercising, or have been doing manual work, then obviously I will that day. You can ask my girlfriend if I smell, but I dont think I do. I do not use deoderant either, because unless you shower everyday, the deoderant goes stale, and can smell worse than sweat does. Also, I change my underwear and t-shirt everyday, and outer clothes every other day.

Showering everyday is common in hot countries, it only became common in cold countries with the advent of central heating, and hot running water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Eeew, that is really gross !!! Every day for me, but like someone else said, my hair is long and thick and takes ages to blowdry and straighten so it's quite a long routine, therefore I only wash it every second day !!! :)

Once or twice a week is just wrong !!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Tabby cat wrote: »
    Just wondering how often you shower as I have moved into a house and the girl showers about twice a week and washes her hair once a week, she thinks I am a clean freak for showering everyday......

So how often do you shower?
    i take it then ur girlfriend is a country girl with no running water in her house at home so is only used to the weekly wash lol thats disgusting she should be washing daily like us normal people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Spoony2

I shower twice a day. every day .

Its not that i allways feel like it but i do it for two reason's one Its clenseing in the morning and when youve done 12 hours in a kitchen your sweaty hot uncomfortable and a shower just makes you feel so much better......

that girl sounds like shes from the country...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I shower every day and sometimes twice a day in the summer. But I didn't always do this. I was born in the 70's, yeah I know an old guy. When I was growing up we did not have a shower. Not only that we did not have a central heating system. The hotwater was heated by the fireplaces. Back then I had a bath once a week, and hair wash maybe twice. This wasn't an unusal thing for the time. After I left home I started to get into showering but it was a few years before I was showering every day.

My point is not everyone grows up in an environment where a daily shower is normal. I would thought it was crazy when I was a teenager, but then again the fire would have had to be on for an hour or so before there would be enough hot water. Maybe this girl just didn't grow in a background where showering every day was done or even possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement