Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you shower?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,210 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shower every morning before work and again in the evening if i go out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    Eeew, that is really gross !!! Every day for me, but like someone else said, my hair is long and thick and takes ages to blowdry and straighten so it's quite a long routine, therefore I only wash it every second day !!! :)

Once or twice a week is just wrong !!! :eek:

Perhaps I should point out that my hair is a blade 3, which gets cut every four weeks, and my beard is about the same. My skin is quite oily, but I read recently that people with oily skin tend to get less wrinkles later in life. A good example of this is Duston Hoffman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Every morning and I'll usually jump in the shower again before going out on the tiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Yeah I'd be along the lines of once/twice a day. Ya know we're screwed when they start charging for water!!! Like to see who would shower every day then!!! :D:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

People should AT LEAST shower every day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I used to have a bath three times a week before we moved into a house that actually had a proper shower, and I'm young so I don't think it's too strange to not shower every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Why were there 3 or 4 comments saying ''the girl must be from the country??''

im from the country and shower at least once a day if not twice!

bit silly if ye think its cos shes a country girl! Shes just smelly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

every day but thats after training. cold. if i dont train then i dont. i hate showering otherwise unless its to wake myself up from a stupor. or before a big physical exersion or somesuch.

in terms of health though too much is bad. no so much the water(thats fine) but all the shampoos detergents gels and so forth on the skin. not healthy. my pet hate is people who never wash but are always spraying deodrant etc. they deserve a dunking

oh ya, and changing the smallclothes..thats the most important thing..everyday...shower or no..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Usually every second day, and I shower if I'm going out that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Generally every morning and then in the evening when I've cycled into work.

Occassionally if I've been out drinking and I don't plan on leaving the house that day, I may not bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Beruthiel wrote: »
    That's pretty disgusting and she must smell.
    The norm is to shower daily, that doesn't make you a clean freak, that just makes you clean.
    funloving wrote: »
    People should AT LEAST shower every day...
    Unless you sweat all the time or you're exercising, then daily is excessive, for aesthetics and certainly for hygiene. It's an unnecessary modern western obsession. People should focus their energies on much more pressing sanitary indulgences, like washing their hands or flossing.

Also it takes at least 2-3 days for any hint of a malodour to emanate from an unshowered sedentary person (who put deodorant on under their arms). Those oils your hair and skin produce are not meant to be removed at every given opportunity. People can smell nice, and not just as a result of whatever artificial fragrances they happen to have applied, or shampoo used.

Because I exercise quite frequently I do actually end up showering pretty much daily. I wouldn't hold it against someone who showered twice a week. I doubt they'd smell either.

Showering on alternate days is a plentiful amount, any more is OCDesque or misguided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I have come home from the gym, and be told by people(Sister) you smell good, without having a shower.

5 times a week max, 4 at minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Usually everyday for me also but my dad wouldn't dream of showering more then twice a week unless he was playing golf or had been working physically, which is rare. However he never smells bad, he just prefers having a proper wash using the sink every day instead of the shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I have a shower every day but i know of people who only have a bath once a week which i find quite gross!!

It feels good to be clean!! Cant understand some people who can go weeks without showering, how could you not feel skanky!!

I bet people who go weeks without showers are Atheists. You know trying to stay in touch with their distant distant ancestors.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Once a day if exercising every second day if not.
    I bet people who go weeks without showers are Atheists. You know trying to stay in touch with their distant distant ancestors.
    Ehhhhhhh. Mental.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Perhaps but take the comment in jest, like obviously it meant nothing. Just a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

i shower and wash my hair every morning, although somedays i get into a weird mood and i have maybe 5 showers (without having done any manual labour or anything that would make me sweaty/dirty)
    although my hair gets really greasy really quick so i get paranoid if i dont wash it every morning lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If the OP does not reply to this thread shortly, I will lock it as it does not appear to be a PI.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

God this is ridiculous, you are not dirty if you do not shower everyday. I shower about every 3rd day and by no means do I smell. My hair is dry and curly so doesn't need to be washed everyday, I do little physical excercise and don't sweat much.
    There is nothing unacceptable about my level of hygene, or anyone else's who doesn't shower everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I shower everyday, sometimes twice if I've been at the gym. My friends dont even one who is a girl, which I think is disgusting along with their coke habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Unless you sweat all the time or you're exercising, then daily is excessive, for aesthetics and certainly for hygiene. It's an unnecessary modern western obsession.
    Fair point. I shower daily (at night during the winter) out of habit and because I feel I have to, yet I don't always feel in need of a shower. Actually a couple of nights ago I decided not to bother having a shower because I felt grand and clean and I was knackered. Didn't feel skanky the next day. Although I do feel kinda skanky now and I had a shower last night.

But I really don't think people should leave any more than a two-day gap between showers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved to AH. I am not interested in the bathing habits of the generic and not so generic PI reader.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Everyday when I'm in Dublin (which is most of the time).

To be honest, I do find it's different in the country - and I'm not talking about a lack of hot water ;). When I'm in Donegal for the holidays I might shower every second day, possibly every third if I've not been doing anything much.

In Dublin I'd tend to feel grimey just after walking to and from work in a day... wouldn't notice that even nearly as much with the fresher air in the country.

Plus, when you've got work to goto it's just nice for a bit of a wake up in the morning.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I shower every day, plus one if I've gone to the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Good point. Dirt appears under my nails far more quickly in Dublin than it does in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Every day sometimes twice a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

like father jack ill be having my annual bath soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Everyday, twice if I go to the gym in the evening...

AND if I have a bath, I have a shower immediately after...:D

• Advertisement

every day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement