Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you shower?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

shower? hmmm... i'll walk home in the rain the odd time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Twice daily especially if i go to the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

nine times a day. I'm a dirty, dirty boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Quote Wolff

It depends on the person not the hygene routine - a lot of dermatologists also believe daily showering to be overkill and can do more harm than good especially if you use a lot of product
    With some people if you over shower you can wash away moisture which can also lead to irritated skin /dry skin .I have to be careful wich shower gels/washs to use for that reason .

[
    QUOTE=star-pants;

Tho my dad used to shower every day, sometimes twice, but then he started to smell, something about washing away something on the skin? so he won't *every* day, unless he's been working hard.
    For the same reason above , he might be alergic to the chemicals in stuff he wash's with .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Every day and hair ever second day. Our house has a dodgy imerson and no central heating (its over 200 years old) even though the waters freezing I still hop in each night. 3 days is too long. When i'm at home where theres lovely central heating, i have a bath and do my hair every day and i always shower after my bath also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

like father jack ill be having my annual bath soon
    Or 'twice a year whether I'm dirty or not';) used to be from some story in school

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Every day.

Wash my hair every second day though, I don't think I could cope having to dry it and straighten it every day coz its so long, it lasts for at least two anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

I try to workout 5-6 days a week (gym in college, running etc at home)- so showering is a must everyday. Doesn't make me a clean freak - just hygienic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Everyday, twice if I go to the gym in the evening...

AND if I have a bath, I have a shower immediately after...:D

Do you shower after your bath because of the idea of sitting in your own filth? if not why! i never shower after a bath but whenever im in it i always think this is kind of gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    AND if I have a bath, I have a shower immediately after...:D

I do the same but it must be almost a year since I had a bath now, never get time :( I'm going to have one before Christmas - oh the annual bath hehe!!!

As for showering, I envy all of you who can hop in the shower every morning. Since I had my daughter there's no chance of that as she's up every morning before me and she's a busy little thing who could be at anything if I was in the shower, only time I can have one i night-time (which is really anonynig because I've to sleep on lovely freshly washed/conditioned/styled hair and it's NEVER the same the next day no matter how hard to try to perfect it) :(

I shower every second day, if I had the time to shower every day I don't know if I would as my hair is very dry and it's supposed to dry out your hair if you over-shampoo.

Oh and it's true about Dublin, when I've been up there I feel filthy all the time, if you're in a city you feel grimey and smelly and polluted every day, whereas us country folk live in far healthier conditions :) Now, where's me wellies, those calves need feeding....and I need to muck out the slurry pits...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I shower every morning, How can those smelly pigs not wash themselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Gach Lá! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I shower at least once a day, in the morning and if i'm going out in the evening as well

Adults should wash/shower at least once a day, other people always know when you haven't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Once a day, just habit at this stage in the morning. It feels great with the cold mornings that I wish I could stay longer but hate the prune feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I shower/bath X 2 p wk but WASH every day, X 2 per day at least. More if exercising. Why do you assume that those who don't shower = not washing?

PS I don't regard bathing = sitting in your own s*ite; jayzus you'd need to produc some crap for it to be more than miniscule in 30 gallons of hot water. (more water in a bath than in a shower)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Why do you assume that those who don't shower = not washing?

Was wondering this myself!
    PS I don't regard bathing = sitting in your own s*ite; jayzus you'd need to produc some crap for it to be more than miniscule in 30 gallons of hot water. (more water in a bath than in a shower)

I have a "friend"/know a girl who only ever uses the bath. She's soooo lazy when it comes to personal hygiene she won't even have a shower, she REEKS constantly! It's horrible. In a shower, you are being cleansed, the water is rolling off you as it cleans you and fresh, clean water is then rinsing all the "dirt" and grime off your body. In the bath, regardless of how much water, anything that you are trying to "wash" off yourself is floating about in the same water you are sitting/lying in and probably sticking to your skin so when you get out you're still not clean, just wet!

Maybe it's just a personal opinion but I have to have a shower after I've had a bath, unless I've already had a shower in the same day and I'm merely having a bath to relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a shower in the morning followed by a clean change of clothes every day. I think anything more is over kill. I usually have a quick wash before bed to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Religiously everyday,, there must be a fierce wiff of fish of that housemate of yours:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

As necessary is the only answer I can give. In dublin it could be 3 times a day, at home it could be once every 2 days except when working.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,233 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

would shower daily... it's like a daily routine i guess :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Every morning, sometimes again in the evening if I'm going somewhere. I feel dirty even I shower at night and get up the next morning without doing so again.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Every morning as part of the waking up process as much as washing - only spend 2-3 minutes in there - many people take ages and they must be doing more than I am - what are they doing?

RPGGAMER wrote: »
    in terms of health though too much is bad. no so much the water(thats fine)

Actually you aborbs much more floride from breathing in the steam in the shower than by drink the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Have to say the water stinks in dublin, I don't even feel clean after washing.

chakotha wrote: »
    Every morning as part of the waking up process as much as washing - only spend 2-3 minutes in there - many people take ages and they must be doing more than I am - what are they doing?

Daydreaming, it takes me max 5 minutes in the shower if I have to wash my hair.

Just because this girl doesn't shower, doesn't mean she is isn't having a wash.
    I spent a year in a house with 6 other girls using one bathroom. I only used the shower to wash my hair, I used a handbasin for everyday washing.

One of my friends used have very greasy hair, and then she started letting it go for a week wuthout washing it. It's never greasy anymore, whereas I have to was mine every second day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Daily showering should be madatory in this country , some smelly gits out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

2 stroke wrote: »
    Have to say the water stinks in dublin, I don't even feel clean after washing.
    Agree with you 2. City water is hardly fit for flushing the toilet.
    One of the first things I do when I get down home is wash myself in nice clean well water. I always fill a large container of drinking water to bring back with me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

every 2 days.sometimes every day depending on whether im going out or if its after sport or after the gym or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I live in the city and my water's fantastic. Even in the bathroom (same supply). I've been in houses though that you just can't drink their tap water. Full of suds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Every day, maybe skip a day every two weeks or so, never two days in a row.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement