Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you shower?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pretty much every day. Sometimes twice if I've a game/train/go to the gym. Like showering at night as opposed to the morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Once in the morning every day and then maybe in the evening again if I'm heading out.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Whats the Optimum time to spend in the shower??? I know someone who spends a half hour in there and he is a lad!!! I mean WTF!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Whats the Optimum time to spend in the shower??? I know someone who spends a half hour in there and he is a lad!!! I mean WTF!!!???

lol... eep

Well I sometimes spend close to that, I give myself a proper scrub every morning :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭emoKILLER

whats the point of showering? you are going to get dirty and have to do it in a few days again anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Once a day but I wouldn't be religious about it, sometimes I'd rather spend the 15 minutes in bed. Sometimes I shower tiwce a day like before going out on a friday or saturday. Washing is usually the only way I can get my hair to look normal, it's too short to brush and just long enough to look stupid when I wake up in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

cause you would smell.. thats the point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Usually daily and the odd time a bath in the evening if I have time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

azezil wrote: »
    lol... eep

Well I sometimes spend close to that, I give myself a proper scrub every morning :p

Agreed.
    emoKILLER wrote:
    whats the point of showering? you are going to get dirty and have to do it in a few days again anyway

I'd say you smell great!!!:eek:
    The whole point is whilst you notice no difference , everybody else can smell you from half a mile away.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

every morning and again in evening if im going out

and lots of lads seem to spend half an hour in the shower, i dont get it
    5mins at most, pls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Every second day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I bulk wash for a week, once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Every two days on average though I'm prone to forgetting for up to 4 days.

bluewolf wrote: »

and lots of lads seem to spend half an hour in the shower, i dont get it

Polishing their rockets. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Showering twice per day is overkill.

For me every second day or so, probably 3-4 times per week. Maybe more in the Summer if it's hot and sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eree

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Unless you sweat all the time or you're exercising, then daily is excessive, for aesthetics and certainly for hygiene. It's an unnecessary modern western obsession. People should focus their energies on much more pressing sanitary indulgences, like washing their hands or flossing.

Also it takes at least 2-3 days for any hint of a malodour to emanate from an unshowered sedentary person (who put deodorant on under their arms). Those oils your hair and skin produce are not meant to be removed at every given opportunity. People can smell nice, and not just as a result of whatever artificial fragrances they happen to have applied, or shampoo used.

Because I exercise quite frequently I do actually end up showering pretty much daily. I wouldn't hold it against someone who showered twice a week. I doubt they'd smell either.

Showering on alternate days is a plentiful amount, any more is OCDesque or misguided.

I know this is old but just stumbled across this thread. Finally some sanity! I shower 2/3 times a week generally, and only wash my hair once a week. It depends a lot on your own body. I have thick curly hair and I've never seen it greasy. Once a week is sufficient for my hair. My skin is dry so I don't over wash it. I wash my face hands and teeth everyday and obviously change my clothes daily, but not everybody needs a full shower everyday if they aren't a sweaty/oil prone person. Totally understand that some people need to wash more but the idea that someone must stink because they don't shower every day is ludicrous, depends on a lot of variables.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Eree wrote: »
    I know this is old but...
    I had a double take myself E. Thought it was only a few years ago, then saw it was over ten. :eek: Thought my already addled want passes for my mind was even more addled than usual. Then saw the 2015 thread. Breathed a sigh of relief. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I had a double take myself E. Thought it was only a few years ago, then saw it was over ten. :eek: Thought my already addled want passes for my mind was even more addled than usual. Then saw the 2015 thread. Breathed a sigh of relief. :D

I was awful confused! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Once a day even for a real worker is enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

once a month, whether I need it or not

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement