Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Canabail Corpse

• 05-12-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

OMG i was looking at Canabail Corpse lyrics last night, i ROFLed!!!!

"Fourth child on the way, won't live another day
    Fetus on the road, with mangled little bones
    Little children fly, not a chance to wonder why
    Smashed against the ceiling, all their skin burning and peeling
    Shards of glass explode, chest and skull now implode
    Corpses they've become, and graves will have to be dug"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-V3NYckOI <--- very funny!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yup there lyrics are pretty grosethque (excuse the spelling :o) alright! cool band all the same :) alex webster is one the best bassists i've ever seen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Dreadful band. How people listen to that tripe is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Lyrically, they're pathetic, but musically, they're extremely good. For example:

Helps that they've no vocals on that track too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lyrically, they're pathetic, but musically, they're extremely good. For example:

Helps that they've no vocals on that track too.

Yeah that is one of my favouite Videos on youtube, I watch it all the time. To be honest lyrics never really concern me, I just don't really like how the vocals are done with cannibal corpse, its as though you can interchange their vocals in any song , cause they do not appear to go along with the music in any way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I am constantly amazed at the fact that people don't seem to understand that lyrics and vocals in general are the least important part of it. People like our friend Alter-Ego here for example.

Corpse are a savage band who do what they do really well. It's not metal or musical intellectualism (I may have made that word up - forgive me), but then again, any of the more recent "rock" bands that occupy the charts are FAR from clever in both musical and lyrical composition.

There is a time and a place for it, just like every kind of music. It's music to flail about to and punch strangers in the face to. It has to be violent and daft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cannibal Corpse kick a$$ and always have done.
    If youve ever listened to any interviews with em you would know the lyrics are to be taken with a pinch of salt.
    Technically they are a ferociously tight band.
    Their most recent album-Kill-is up there with some of their best IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Not really a huge fan, some of there stuff is great however.
    Personally I think the award for sickest lyrics in metal has to go to Cryptopsy for "Pathological Frolic."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Yeah as someone said, Vocals/Lyrics are horrendous, but music is quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Just being checkin' them out there on youtube for the past hour, have to say I'm likin' what I hear so far.
    Some of the song titles are a bit daft, but as Kharn says, it's the least important part of it.
    Anyone suggest an album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Anyone who can make out 3 words from the is looking too much into it, let alone worrying about lyrical content, its incomprehensable babble, and thats how it should stay imo. Hes got a fantastic voice that really suits the music, if he sang about puppies and rainbows would you be happy? if the music didnt change it wouldnt bother me at all really.

Alex Webster is indeed a beast on the bass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

On the subject of reallly guttural death metal singing, a Cryptopsy gig was shown on Rocksound during the week and I thought the vocals were completely redundant. I never found this while listening to their records, but during that show every song sounded exactly the same vocals-wise. As someone into metal for years I don't make an observation like that much - it's usually a common complaint from someone less familiar with heavy music.

Rocksound do have the knack of making every band they show live sound completely terrible though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Dreadful band. How people listen to that tripe is beyond me.

I hear you on that one. But then, everyone to their own

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Just being checkin' them out there on youtube for the past hour, have to say I'm likin' what I hear so far.
    Some of the song titles are a bit daft, but as Kharn says, it's the least important part of it.
    Anyone suggest an album?

Any of them are worth buying.

My personal faves are
    1-the bleeding
    2-butchered at birth
    3-gore obsessed
    4-the wretched spawn

As I said though,they are all worth buying.
    Most of em are available in HMV or Tower for around 14 quid each.

Undergod wrote: »
    Not really a huge fan, some of there stuff is great however.
    Personally I think the award for sickest lyrics in metal has to go to Cryptopsy for "Pathological Frolic."

Sickest lyrics definitly go to Autopsy for their $hitfun album.
    That is some messed up stuff.
    Honourable mention to Avulseds -stabwound orgasm

Den_M wrote: »
    On the subject of reallly guttural death metal singing, a Cryptopsy gig was shown on Rocksound during the week and I thought the vocals were completely redundant. I never found this while listening to their records, but during that show every song sounded exactly the same vocals-wise. As someone into metal for years I don't make an observation like that much - it's usually a common complaint from someone less familiar with heavy music.

Rocksound do have the knack of making every band they show live sound completely terrible though...

I think a lot of singers, not just in Death Metal, have problems recreating vocals live that were recorded in the studio. They're extremely different enviroments, and vocals can be produced in very different circumstances. Repeated takes with however many breaks a vocalist would need is not the same as a 90 minute set every night on tour.

There are also bands who's vocalists sound incredible live, sometimes even better than on the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

Yea Glen Benton from Deicide records one line at a time when he does the vox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

There are also bands who's vocalists sound incredible live, sometimes even better than on the album.

I think Mikael Arkerfeldt is one of them. Or however the **** you spell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

**Cough** Jonathan Davis** Cough** . I have watched over 40 gigs on kornspace TV ( unfortunatly its not around anymore ) and I am always amazed how JD nails the songs exactly ,every time!!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Best song title... "Blowtorch Slaughter" :D

Parsley wrote: »
    I think Mikael Arkerfeldt is one of them. Or however the **** you spell it.
    **Cough** Jonathan Davis** Cough** . I have watched over 40 gigs on kornspace TV ( unfortunatly its not around anymore ) and I am always amazed how JD nails the songs exactly ,every time!!!

I'd agree, they're both excellent vocalists, and although they probably wouldn't be to everyone's tastes, there's no doubt they can do their thing in the live situation as good, if not better, than on record. Dave Vincent would be another name I could mention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Any of them are worth buying.

My personal faves are
    1-the bleeding
    2-butchered at birth
    3-gore obsessed
    4-the wretched spawn

As I said though,they are all worth buying.
    Most of em are available in HMV or Tower for around 14 quid each.

Cheers, will try and get my hands on one of them the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Dave Vincent would be another name I could mention.
    Vincent does indeed do a great job live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Hey guys, let's not miss the point here, vocals and lyrics are by far the most important factor to consider when listening to a gore metal band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

tomb of the mutilated always a good place to start from..

if its awards for the best song titles its gotta go to gorerotted... fantastic..

oh and on the subject of corpse check out the interview of george fischer tlkin bout world of warcraft.. funniest 7 or so mins...

moggins wrote: »
    if its awards for the best song titles its gotta go to gorerotted... fantastic..
    Yes.
    oh and on the subject of corpse check out the interview of george fischer tlkin bout world of warcraft.. funniest 7 or so mins...
    Any adult who spends that amount of time playing and/or talking about WoW has serious issues.

EDIT: Can a mod possibly rename the thread so it doesn't look like it was written by an idiot?

neGev wrote: »
    Hey guys, let's not miss the point here, vocals and lyrics are by far the most important factor to consider when listening to a gore metal band.

Nah, reguardless of the band, vocals and lyrics are still relatively unimportant to me for the whole listening experience. Vocals being more important than the lyrics themselves, as I think of the voice as an instrument of it's own, and would listen more to vocal melodies than what's being said.
    EDIT: Can a mod possibly rename the thread so it doesn't look like it was written by an idiot?

And save the embarressement of the OP? :p

Nah, reguardless of the band, vocals and lyrics are still relatively unimportant to me for the whole listening experience. Vocals being more important than the lyrics themselves, as I think of the voice as an instrument of it's own, and would listen more to vocal melodies than what's being said.
    I didn't think I could fit any more sarcasm into that post. Looks like I should have! :D

I didn't think I could fit any more sarcasm into that post. Looks like I should have! :D

I blame being awake at 6am on that one. :o

Advertisement