Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price for gear in Livigno

• 05-12-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey

I am heading to Livigno on the 19/1/08 and was looking into getting a new board and bindings. I was looking on the net and stuff for one but i was just wondering cos it looks like a lot of ppl on here have been over there before -am I better off waiting till i get over there with it being tax free and all that??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

The gear is about 20-30%% cheaper I would say. And at the end of the season they sell the second hand gear. Thats really good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Neilthefunkee1

ciggs wrote: »
    Hey

-am I better off waiting till i get over there with it being tax free and all that??

Tax free is great but do you want to spend your first day or second lookin around the shops?? And if you buy it before you leave you might get charged tax at the border.. Mate of mine was in livigno 2 yrs ago.. they went through the whole couch at the border stop.. said the amount of stuff taken off people was madness!!!!

If you decide to get it before you go definately got it off the net.. way cheaper!!
    www.tightboards.com
    www.blue-tomato.at
    and of course... EBAY!! Ebay has great stuff just gotta check it out often enough!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

...you might get charged tax at the border.. Mate of mine was in livigno 2 yrs ago.. they went through the whole couch at the border stop.. said the amount of stuff taken off people was madness!!!!

Say you buy the gear on the first day and use it before you leave - so say its a board and it gets a bit scratched - they cant tell if its bought there or not - could say you own it before coming over - right?? Just make sure to loose the receipt?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Neilthefunkee1

ah yeah then you will be grand.. havnt been to livigno yet myself so not sure what the prices are like.. im sure there are shops who have websites.. check em out they might have prices!!
    but was in andorra last yr, thats is a tax free country too and there was not a massive saving on the gear.. 20-30 euro less on boards and bindings etc!

I just realised i said couch in my postabove instead of coach!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Must have been a HUGE couch :D

Should be good savings on last seasons stock if they have any remaining!!

See there's almost 100cm on the upper slopes and 33cm on the lower - and they have the snow blowers going nearly 24/7 - strong winds preventing huge dumps on the upper - expecting it to die down on Monday and hoping for massive dumps and drifts.
    Bring it on!!! Yahooooo!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 ciggs

Ah cheers thanks for the replys.

Ah cant wait now - :D. Only 44 more days Wwwwhhhhhhoooo

Advertisement