Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what diesel for Jan08

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

alias no.9 wrote: »
    The volvo and mazda are both peugeot engines.

Would be the V50 for me. Great spec, and nice clean styling.

aren't they all Ford/Volvo engines?

- our Focus has a Volvo 1.6
    - A colleague's ST has the Volvo 225 T5 engine

and regarding the diesels, I thought they all use Ford's new DuraTorq engines

i think the V50 is is even assembled at a Ford plant in Belgium, and the V50 chassis (think its called the C-1) is the same as used in the Focus and Mazda3 estates.

EDIT: btw, with the incoming CO2-based rules, the 2.0D engines could be getting very popular, especially if they drop in price. There is an interesting comparison in the papers today that a BMW 520d is 126g CO2/KM, but a 1.2 Micra is 146g!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

And the BMW diesel was ahead of the <petrol>. <petrol> BMW's 2.0 diesel was second, <petrol>, <petrol> <petrol>.

<petrol>. <petrol>, twin turbo diesel, <petrol>, <petrol>

<petrol> <petrol>,<petrol>Accord's oil burner followed by the Toyota and lastly the Alfa's 2.4 lump.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

JHMEG wrote: »
    :D

Yawn.... :D no wait you're defending a diesel in this thread:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

colm_mcm wrote: »
    you're presuming the distributors will keep the supply price to the dealers the same. they may increase the prices of cars that have reduced VRT and reduce the prices on high emission models.

And if they do they will be in brach of the EU's Block Exemption rules which are over 4 years old now. Pre tax prices of cars have to be the same everywhere throughout the EU, a few% extra for RHD cars yes, but it must be a very small difference. They have to pass on the saving/increase. If they don't then the price of cars in the UK and indeed the rest of Europe will have to rise/fall by the pre tax difference not being passed on to the Irish consumer. Besides, in the Hypothetical situatuion that the pre tax prices were not standardised in the EU, has anyone ever heard of Economics? You know competition,supply and demand, market forces taking effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

what_car wrote: »
    considering going back to a diesel in Jan 08..

on my list are.:

1. avensis 2.0D4D ( unwise as new model soon ) *boring* had one before.
    2. honda accord 2.2 D (unwise as new model soon )
    3. volvo V50 2.0 D SE (good spec although new model had some recalls)
    4. mazda 6 new mdl diesel est (estate not out yet) ford engines?

thats my list
    any suggestions or opinions on the above?
    ive heard good things about the new renault laguna 1.5 diesel as you probably know nissan and renault are much the same engine now but you get that less plastic feel about the renault .from what i,ve heard renault has sorted out the problems they had with the laguna and this latest model is supposed to be the dogs whatits

• Advertisement
Advertisement