Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantasy XIII for 360?

• 05-12-2007 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

With the bad sales of the ps3 do you will FF XIII will be released on xbox if not i think i will get a ps3 just for ff.

Should FF be released on xbox 20 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Should it be released for the 360? Yes

Will it be released for the 360? I don't think it will

I hate FF games anyway but I am a fan of games receiving as wide an audience as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Should it be released on Xbox 360: Yes.

Will it be released on Xbox 360: No.

EDIT: Oh, SNAP... it's almost as if we know each other or something!

ROFLcopter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

Whats wrong with FF its a change from The crappy fps genre

conjamuk wrote: »
    Whats wrong with FF its a change from The crappy fps genre

Oh I like RPGs just not FF, have gone way down hill as of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Presume your an RPG nut conjamuk, after FF8 ive no interest in em at all anymore, sure I wasnt arsed even with Zelda anymore ffs, and maybe I like all my FPS games?

And Pro Evo, PGR4, and whatever else I have....

Yes it should be released, and NO I dont think it will....

And anyway, it prob only fit on Blu-ray!!!!

Yeah some shooters are good like cod4 but there have been way to many on 360 this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You need a "Who gives a $h1t, it will only be crap anyway" option. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,809 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Who really cares about Final Fantasy anymore? If FFX-2 and FFXII are anything to go by it will be rubbish. Everything out of Square-Enixs doors since their core FF team left after FFX has been fairly rubbish to painfully average except for their third party releases from Tri-ace and Level 5. Level 5 are now making games for PSP and DS while Tri-ace are concentrating on Xbox 360 JRPGs. Lost Odyssey and the rest of mistwalkers output is looking to more like the old FF games of old than any of the Square-Enix games and we already have the wonderful Eternal Sonata and the quite good if you like old school RPGs Blue Dragon. The only decent game they have released in years is Front Mission 5 and the idiots decided not to give it a Western release.

Square-Enix really need to get their act together before I start caring about their games.

FF7 was one of the best games on the planet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Who really cares about Final Fantasy anymore? If FFX-2 and FFXII are anything to go by it will be rubbish. Everything out of Square-Enixs doors since their core FF team left after FFX has been fairly rubbish to painfully average except for their third party releases from Tri-ace and Level 5. Level 5 are now making games for PSP and DS while Tri-ace are concentrating on Xbox 360 JRPGs. Lost Odyssey and the rest of mistwalkers output is looking to more like the old FF games of old than any of the Square-Enix games and we already have the wonderful Eternal Sonata and the quite good if you like old school RPGs Blue Dragon. The only decent game they have released in years is Front Mission 5 and the idiots decided not to give it a Western release.

Square-Enix really need to get their act together before I start caring about their games.

X-2 was awful yes,

But XII wasnt that bad at all.

I enjoyed it. Not a patch on VI VII X or even IX but it was still pretty good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,809 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

WellyJ wrote: »
    X-2 was awful yes,

It felt like a western RPG which is not what I buy FF games t play. I just found it really boring and repetitive and it didn't even have a decent story to keep me interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I voted no for the simple reason that I hate FF games and I know that if it came out on the 360 I'd buy it in the hopes that maybe I'll like this one and end up just being as disappointed as when I got the others and be out €60-80. I've never been a big JRPG fan, but there are better JRPG games that I'd prefer to get a 360 release (or for some, even a European release).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Absolutely. I'm not an rpg fan at all but for final Fantasy i make an exception. Well i didn't bother with 9 and 12. 7 is a masterpiece of a game. 13 will probably be a bit special and one of the few games that the 360 won't be able to handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

+1

heres the trailer it looks ****ing awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkoGZVjhTmk&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

it's not coming out on 360, not until long after the ps3 release at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

WellyJ wrote: »
    X-2 was awful yes,

I hated it, dull characters, dull storyline, awful voice acting, repetitive gameplay. just poor compared to 7-10.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I loved FFVII but thought the rest of em were bollocks. VIII was like an episode of My so called life or Dawson's Creek with all that teen angst ****e. Only good thing about it was the end sequence - I still think it's the best closing sequence ever created.
    IX was so boring it was midn numbing.
    Played 6 for a bit on an emulator but couldn't get into it, tried it again recently on the GBA and thought the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Definitely. Loved all the FF games except for X-2

• Advertisement

el dude wrote: »
    Absolutely. I'm not an rpg fan at all but for final Fantasy i make an exception. Well i didn't bother with 9 and 12. 7 is a masterpiece of a game. 13 will probably be a bit special and one of the few games that the 360 won't be able to handle.

So it will be available on high-end gaming PCs only then? Because of the 360 can't handle it, then the PS3 won't be able to either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That video has made me want it!!!
    If it is not going to be released on the 360 then I will have no choice but get a ps3!!

mcgovern wrote: »
    So it will be available on high-end gaming PCs only then? Because of the 360 can't handle it, then the PS3 won't be able to either.

Look at how many discs Blue Dragon is on. and the graphics on that aren't anything special. The ps3 is a more powerful machine, before you even take the capacity of Blu Ray into account.

It should be multi platform because this game is the best looking game i have seen in my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

after i have seen Lost Odyssey latest video...i have to admit that i cant wait for the game!!!

seriously,who cares about FF anymore!!Lost Odyssey makes me feel more like a FF!!(sadly,but true!!)

well,assuming MGS4 wont be on x360 ,if i am getting ps3 for that....i will still go for FF13:(

i am wishing MGS4 will be on x360(not after 1 yr tho)........:cool:

It should be multi platform because this game is the best looking game i have seen in my life

Think of all the fmv though. It would probably take up 5 or more dvd discs. And have we actually seen any gameplay footage yet?

el dude wrote: »
    Look at how many discs Blue Dragon is on. and the graphics on that aren't anything special. The ps3 is a more powerful machine, before you even take the capacity of Blu Ray into account.

Not sure what you've read, but the PS3 is seriously bottleneckeed due to bad architechture design, and thus in every single test that has been run (not games but checking power, draw rates, etc) the 360 and PS3 have been very close, with both winning some and losing some.
    The capacity issue of Blue-Ray may be an issue if it includes lots of HD movies or something, but it wouldn't stop it actually running. :confused:

Here is a game developers perspective on this.
    Performance: On paper, the PS3 is more powerful. In reality, it’s quite inferior to the 360. Without getting into too many details, the three general-purpose CPU’s the xbox360 has are currently FAR easier to take advantage of than the SPU’s on the PS3. I suspect a few years down the road some high budget, first party PS3 exclusive titles will come out that really take advantage of the SPU’s and do things the XBOX 360 can’t, but I don’t think the console is worth buying based on this speculation (for some it will be though, we'll have to wait and see how these games turn out).

Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can’t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Not sure what you've read, but the PS3 is seriously bottleneckeed due to bad architechture design, and thus in every single test that has been run (not games but checking power, draw rates, etc) the 360 and PS3 have been very close, with both winning some and losing some.
    The capacity issue of Blue-Ray may be an issue if it includes lots of HD movies or something, but it wouldn't stop it actually running. :confused:

Here is a game developers perspective on this.

Ya but as time goes on it will start to show that it's a superior machine. the problem it has now is that with the 360 selling so well and having so much of a headstart game developers are using the 360 as the lead sku and porting it over.

But when a game is exclusive to the ps3, you'll see the difference. Look at games like Little Big Planet, Killzone2 and MGS4.

But back to FF13, the reason I don't think we'll see this for the360 is because of the amount of fmv we'll see in the game. Which takes up a ridiculous amount of storage. Blue dragon was on 3 discs. Which was hardly pushing the boundaries of the 360. Imagine how many discs they'd have to use for FF13.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

The Ps2 was also said to be a piece of ****e but it's all about clever programming.
    Look at God of War 1 and 2, Okami, Shadow of the Collosus, and yes of course the Ble Ray is gonna be a factor.

• Advertisement

True but still it took about 3 years before we started getting games that looked better than the Dreamcast.

As for the storage capacity of the DVD vs. Blu-ray, who cares. A game can just ship on multiple disks if there is loads of HD FMV like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is doing. Swapping disc's never bothered me on the PS1 and it's certainly not going to bother me on the 360. In fact it adds a nice feeling of progression when you go on to the next disc in the game.

I've a pretty bad feeling that FFXIII will be dire. It's being directed by the same muppet who did Advent Children and that was a steaming pile of cack. The preview FMV looks very like Advent Children. I'll be waiting for the reviews.

Advertisement