Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantasy XIII for 360?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

el dude wrote: »
    Ya but as time goes on it will start to show that it's a superior machine. the problem it has now is that with the 360 selling so well and having so much of a headstart game developers are using the 360 as the lead sku and porting it over.

But when a game is exclusive to the ps3, you'll see the difference. Look at games like Little Big Planet, Killzone2 and MGS4.

But back to FF13, the reason I don't think we'll see this for the360 is because of the amount of fmv we'll see in the game. Which takes up a ridiculous amount of storage. Blue dragon was on 3 discs. Which was hardly pushing the boundaries of the 360. Imagine how many discs they'd have to use for FF13.

I think you are missing the whole point. Its not actually a superiour machine and its nothing to do with what consoles the game was developed on, its down the actual components and architecture of the machines.
    The PS3 has a better CPU, the 360 has a better GPU and memory.
    The two pretty much even themselves out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Lost odyssey used up to 4 discs in japan released,they say if FF13 is gonna on x360-will be like more than 6/7 discs?:D that is interesting really....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

mcgovern wrote: »
    I think you are missing the whole point. Its not actually a superiour machine and its nothing to do with what consoles the game was developed on, its down the actual components and architecture of the machines.
    The PS3 has a better CPU, the 360 has a better GPU and memory.
    The two pretty much even themselves out.

No I'm not missing the point at all. The ps3 is capable of much more. just that games developers are having trouble programming for it. once they crack it there won't be any doubt which is the more powerful machine. But by that time MS could well have a new console out.

Anyway I'm sick of this fanboy rubbish, I have both so I don't give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    True but still it took about 3 years before we started getting games that looked better than the Dreamcast.

As for the storage capacity of the DVD vs. Blu-ray, who cares. A game can just ship on multiple disks if there is loads of HD FMV like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is doing. Swapping disc's never bothered me on the PS1 and it's certainly not going to bother me on the 360. In fact it adds a nice feeling of progression when you go on to the next disc in the game.

I've a pretty bad feeling that FFXIII will be dire. It's being directed by the same muppet who did Advent Children and that was a steaming pile of cack. The preview FMV looks very like Advent Children. I'll be waiting for the reviews.

There's nowt wrong with multiple discs, but i think more than 4 would actually get on my nerves some bit. But it's not only that. seeing as this game has been designed exclusively for the ps3 i don't see it being that easy to port over. It won't happen anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

No I'm not missing the point at all. The ps3 is capable of much more. just that games developers are having trouble programming for it. once they crack it there won't be any doubt which is the more powerful machine. But by that time MS could well have a new console out.

Anyway I'm sick of this fanboy rubbish, I have both so I don't give a toss.

It is a fact, not an opinion, that the GPU and memory is better on the 360 than on the PS3.
    The PS3 is potentially capable (with some really fancy code) of a little bit more than the 360 by avoiding its bottlenecks, but definetely not much more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,809 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's nowt wrong with multiple discs, but i think more than 4 would actually get on my nerves some bit. But it's not only that. seeing as this game has been designed exclusively for the ps3 i don't see it being that easy to port over. It won't happen anyway.

I think PS3 developers saying how their game will only fit on 6-7 360 discs is absolute bull. Loads of PS3 games use uncompressed data for, textures, music etc. because they can on a Blu-ray disc. Resistance took up 16 gigs of data ffs. That was because it used uncompressed music, sound effects and textures, it could easily have been compressed to fit on a DVD. The same goes to FFXIII, those 6-7 discs could again be easily compressed to 3-4 discs especially if they use compression techniques on their FMVs. I don't think we will see FFXIII on the 360 since it's biggest market is in japan with a big PS3 userbase but there is no reason it couldn't be done on 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

are there any cross platform games with more disc on 360, i think i heard ms won't let dev do that as it make the 360 appear worse off even if the game run the same,
    B(ig) B(usiness) B(ull)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Well we all never thought we'd see GTA, Devil May Cry, or Resident Evil being released on a Microsoft console the same thing as Playstation so who knows?
    I'm sure Square's accountants are furiously doing the numbers seeing if it makes sense, profit wise, to release it on 360. If it is then it'll get the green light.
    That said, however, Square Enix might not want to offend Sony the way they buggered Nintendo in the mid-nineties. I think Nintendo and Square are only on speaking terms like now, 10 years later. Sony might throw a wobbler if Square say they'll release XIII on 360 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What's wrong with multiple discs? Are we living in a world where people moan about having to get up off their armchair and changing discs every few hours :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I lost interest with FF on the PS when they launched the one, (i think it was FFx-2) where you sang to kill enemies. Utter muck and boring

FFX and FF7 were great though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

faceman wrote: »
    I lost interest with FF on the PS when they launched the one, (i think it was FFx-2) where you sang to kill enemies. Utter muck and boring

FFX and FF7 were great though

Agreed.

I never played the versions before 7 but a few people say the 6th one was the best

Advertisement